Author Topic: MORNING DOOM AND GLOOM I.E TERRODOM  (Read 2381 times)

[Buddie]

Re: MORNING DOOM AND GLOOM I.E TERRODOM
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2020, 09:10:09 am »
Were your mums on benzos too.?
My circadian rhythm was always off.  So was my Mom's and her Mom, but at least they could nap.  I can't.

It is from the abnormal sleep I got on benzos decades ago.  All was good until mirtazapine for 6 weeks, then went off a cliff and not sure how to get back on.

So rare, but got some sleep last night and then felt horrible/depressed/could not move all day.  But guess that is fairly common.  But it is hard to carry on ;(

No, not at all that I am aware of.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2020, 07:49:25 pm »

Were your mums on benzos too.?
My circadian rhythm was always off.  So was my Mom's and her Mom, but at least they could nap.  I can't.

It is from the abnormal sleep I got on benzos decades ago.  All was good until mirtazapine for 6 weeks, then went off a cliff and not sure how to get back on.

So rare, but got some sleep last night and then felt horrible/depressed/could not move all day.  But guess that is fairly common.  But it is hard to carry on ;(

No, not at all that I am aware of.

Circadian rhythm sucks when it is out of whack.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2020, 07:54:45 am »
My mother and her Mom would be up til 3 am...   but I took it to a whole new level.  And could not nap, ever...  that before benzos.

Whether they made it worse, I don't know.  For decades they worked, until mirtazapine.

[Buddie]

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2020, 10:42:51 pm »
My mother and her Mom would be up til 3 am...   but I took it to a whole new level.  And could not nap, ever...  that before benzos.

Whether they made it worse, I don't know.  For decades they worked, until mirtazapine.

Sleep is a mystery. I used to enjoy sleep but now mornings feel like therapy.

[Buddie]

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2020, 07:14:59 pm »
Hey all.How are the mornings progressing. I find that mine are unpredictable but not as bad as before.

[Buddie]

« Reply #65 on: August 17, 2020, 06:00:23 pm »
Hey all.How are the mornings progressing. I find that mine are unpredictable but not as bad as before.

The mornings are still miserable from about 3:45am until approximately noon. Just depends on the stress of the day. I started my taper over 5 years ago, and sleep has been the biggest challenge in addition to GI fun. One foot in front of the other and we'll all eventually get there. Very few sports this fall is going to make a lot of it sadder  :-[

Hang tight!

[Buddie]

« Reply #66 on: August 17, 2020, 08:03:20 pm »
It is really hard to comprehend the truth at times.But acceptance is the only way out I guess.

The mornings are still miserable from about 3:45am until approximately noon. Just depends on the stress of the day. I started my taper over 5 years ago, and sleep has been the biggest challenge in addition to GI fun. One foot in front of the other and we'll all eventually get there. Very few sports this fall is going to make a lot of it sadder  :-[

Hang tight!

[Buddie]

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2020, 05:32:55 pm »
I'm about 24 months out, give or take and the mornings from hell are back in full force right now. I slept well last night but woke up this morning to back/neck pain, floaters, nausea, tinnitus, brain fog.... ugh. It's made focusing on work extremely difficult this morning. I haven't been nauseous from bad mornings in over a year now and it sucks to be back in this place. I went to the store and bought one of those apple cider vinegar tonics with both ginger and tumeric to see if that helps. Really hoping I can get through the day/week with work right now. Feeling really discouraged at feeling this badly this far out right now.

[Buddie]

« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2020, 04:33:20 pm »
I'm about 24 months out, give or take and the mornings from hell are back in full force right now. I slept well last night but woke up this morning to back/neck pain, floaters, nausea, tinnitus, brain fog.... ugh. It's made focusing on work extremely difficult this morning. I haven't been nauseous from bad mornings in over a year now and it sucks to be back in this place. I went to the store and bought one of those apple cider vinegar tonics with both ginger and tumeric to see if that helps. Really hoping I can get through the day/week with work right now. Feeling really discouraged at feeling this badly this far out right now.

Yep, that really is a lot and especially since you're that far out. Are you positive that it's a protracted withdrawal from the taper/cut? Just making sure that there's nothing else going on. Crazy times!

[Buddie]

« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2020, 08:15:30 pm »

Yep, that really is a lot and especially since you're that far out. Are you positive that it's a protracted withdrawal from the taper/cut? Just making sure that there's nothing else going on. Crazy times!

Yup! It's definitely still w/d. I made a lot of mistakes in my journey. C/t'd instead of tapered, kindled with other benzos, drank socially, etc. all before I found this website. If I were to guess why the healing process is taking so long that's probably why.  :'(