Tinnitus in only one ear

[AP...]

Wondering if the fact that it’s only one ear means it’s not neurological and therefore not benzo-related. Anyone have it in just one ear?

[68...]
Do you guys have the regular tinnitus (high pitch sound) or the pulsatil one (whooshing sound) that coincides with your heart beat?

Mine is in one ear also - it's fading away gradually.  I'm pretty sure it's benzo related.

Ah I see, I’m glad it’s fading! Mine isn’t bad yet but I’m not done with my taper so I’m worried it could worsen. I really want to be done so I can see what I’m dealing with.

Do you guys have the regular tinnitus (high pitch sound) or the pulsatil one (whooshing sound) that coincides with your heart beat?

Mine is just a high pitched noise so far, but its just recently started.

• 3 weeks later...
I too have high pitch Tinnitus and pray to God it will go away..  I'm hoping to jump on Aug 2nd and can deal with Tinnitus and other symptoms for a few months but praying it does away gradually.. 

I have the "whooshing " in one ear ( why just the one I don't know but I'm glad its not both...).

Far less intense or frequent than it used to be.  :thumbsup:

[68...]

Hi Trina!

I'm curious as of when your swooshing tinnitus started and how you cope with it? Does it coincide with your heart beat? I've been dealing with it since my ordeal started. I took cipro antibiotic and lorazepan and a month later after a cold I got it. I've seen some people in here got it too. Most people and doctors think is the regular hi pitch tinnitus but is not. Most benzo gurus say that it'll go with time. In my case it's been two years and still suffer this sucker!

THANKS !

Mice

I had it only in one ear. Its been with me for 2 years since i started the taper. It has never been too loud but the other day it ramped up for about 30 seconds and sounded like a teapot whistling. Then it got quiet again.

I had it only in one ear. Its been with me for 2 years since i started the taper. It has never been too loud but the other day it ramped up for about 30 seconds and sounded like a teapot whistling. Then it got quiet again.

Lol it somehow went away after a week and got replaced with anxiety so bad I had to pause my taper and I’m gonna make smaller cuts now too.

It can feel as though withdrawal likes to keep us guessing what's next.  Sorry you've been hit with awful anxiety.  For me that was the worst aspect by far.  It can help to make smaller cuts as you get toward the end of your taper = sometimes people are more sensitive to cuts as the doses get smaller.  It's probably wise to slow down.  Klonopin is a bear.

Lol it somehow went away after a week and got replaced with anxiety so bad I had to pause my taper and I’m gonna make smaller cuts now too.

Well I hope that works out for you :] good luck with it and I hope you heal soon!