So sick of the anxiety

[Co...]

I'm not waking up anymore feeling like I just saw ww3 live so that's good, but the daily anxiety is still pretty high..it's so annoying accompanied by symptoms.  When does this get better.  I have some hydroxyzine I'm tempted to take it every once in awhile but like most here am now terrified of medicine.  I saw a physciatrist she gave me proZac and propanal or something, I've also been given Lexapro and Wellbutrin none of which I've started because I know this will go away I didn't have this before.  When did it go away for you, are I taking anything else.  Maybe I should of posted this on other medications.  CBT does help me to an extent, I do healthy eating walks u name it.

first few months are rough -being honest. I am truly sorry you are going through this. We all know how brutal it can be.

Hydroxazine is safe in my opinion, its just an allergy med but relaxes you - you may fall asleep. the only thing is that when some people wake from it they feel bit foggy. The wears off. Its non addictive. I've used it a bit in the beginning but not now.

Prozac, lexapro, and wellbutrin are all psyche meds. I'd be careful in starting an AD right now as they can have side effects and it will be hard to tell what is the med vs what is benzo wd. Prozac has a reputation for being the worst to get off of later - just so you know. Lexapro and wellbutrin act differently on the brain in comparison to one another.

Propanolol is to reduce blood pressure, some find it helpful during withdrawal, but the downside is getting off of it can be uncomfortable for some ppl.

Just trying to inform you about the meds if you didn't know all this already:) I am off all meds (benzo and psyche), and although I have rough times I never want to touch a med that alters my brain again. But this is just my opinion and experience:)

You've probably heard this before - but you're early in the recovery process. Technically so am I (I'm now in my 5th month). I have been lucky to have some window type experiences, and can honestly say things will let up here and there. Windows and waves is a real thing...so we fight on for the windows and ride out the waves.

I remember in month one I thought, " how the h--- am I going to make it to months of this?!"  - but yet here I am. We take turns supporting each other on here, some days were strong, others we need to be held up.

Congrats on how far you've come...you will come further.

how do I describe it...a bit in the morning but I know thats bc sometimes I still have a cortisol rise (rare), and sometimes I have a hard time getting my brain in gear in the morning. I still have some triggers about everyday things but I know its the recovery bc it wasn't there before. A change in my hormones seems to cause it to rise for a couple days. Also more noticeable if I'm tired or just feeling overwhelmed.

Ok now as I reread that it sounds like a lot - lol. But its so much better - really.

I can go for groceries now, drive, and interact with people in moderation. I can work part time a bit. It actually helps me to focus on the task and keep away those pesky looping thoughts that can come with anxiety :idiot:

I try to avoid caffeine (trace amounts in a decaf sometimes), and def limit my sugars. Ive noticed if i accidentally eat preservatives it ramps up considerably.

Hope that helps! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

how do I describe it...a bit in the morning but I know thats bc sometimes I still have a cortisol rise (rare), and sometimes I have a hard time getting my brain in gear in the morning. I still have some triggers about everyday things but I know its the recovery bc it wasn't there before. A change in my hormones seems to cause it to rise for a couple days. Also more noticeable if I'm tired or just feeling overwhelmed.

Ok now as I reread that it sounds like a lot - lol. But its so much better - really.

I can go for groceries now, drive, and interact with people in moderation. I can work part time a bit. It actually helps me to focus on the task and keep away those pesky looping thoughts that can come

with anxiety :idiot:

I try to avoid caffeine (trace amounts in a decaf sometimes), and def limit my sugars. Ive noticed if i accidentally eat preservatives it ramps up considerably.

Hope that helps! ;)

How is your sleep at month 5?

I use propranolol as a spot treatment when palpitations and tachycardia are a problem. I don’t take it all the time and I think that makes stopping it more easy. It is fairly harmless in the grand scheme of things if you take it here and there and not regularly.