When was the hardest part of your taper?

[...]

Hi, Buddies.  I'm always amazed at the range of experiences we have in coming off benzos.  For those of you who tapered and didn't c/t, I'm wondering when it was hardest for you.  I am now just below .5 mgs. Klon and I'm having a particularly rough time. Not that the whole damn taper hasn't been a nightmare, but I find it gets harder and my anxiety and other assorted sxs are getting more intense as I get lower.  Was that your experience?  Could you share?  Thanks, ~~mbr

Hi Mbr,

My whole taper was a hell ride due to tolerance but the worst part was from .75mg to .25mg  easily. The symptoms became unrelenting and insomnia kicked in full force. Happily I settled a bit at .25mg which gave me some strength to keep going.

I hope you settle soon.

Jacqueline

I started in tolerance withdrawal so the first few months were pretty rough but then I saw a lot of improvements.  Unfortunately, at .25mg/day, I had a resurgence of symptoms that lasted for a couple of months.  I continued to taper during that time; no way to know if it would have been better to switch to titration or hold even longer than I did.  :-\

The hardest part of my taper was the whole time -----I was tolerant to it and so no matter what I did, it hurt.......I jumped off at .098 or .76 ml of K water.......then I felt a bit of relief for a week or so and then BAM!

Keep going mbr - you are going to make it through this.

Love from H2BF

Hello Buddies

.5mg K to .25mg K was the worst time for me during my taper.

Depression hit me at .5mg K. I had never had depression in my life.

Horrible ugly thoughts, Death, My Death, Life was over, BAD thoughts of every negative thing that had ever happened to me.

I just hung on and crawled through the days.

Thought to myself " I do not know if I can live like this".

At about .25mg K the depression lifted and the Sun came up over the horizon.

Today at almost 4 months post last dose, my healing from a high of 6mg K is about 95.6%.

Sleep has returned, almost all symptoms are gone or very transient.

Teakettle