Should taper be exact like the Ashton Manual

[Re...]

My Dr. c/o from k to 10mg of v in am for a month and next C/o from k to V at pm .Friday I will C/o from k to v at mid day.I will be on 10 mg of V am 10mg mid day and 10 mg at night.I looked at the Ashton Manual and I don’t see it done that way. Does anyone know if my Dr. is going by Ashton Manual doing it this way?

Redbird Flies

I’m not sure but my doc who has been a psychiatrist for 40 years basically told me to come up with my own taper based on my symptoms. I tried to get him to be more specific, but he told me to do what felt right based on my symptoms. So, if you are feeling okay, it’s probably fine. I don’t think any taper has to follow the Ashton manual exactly. I think the idea is to taper slowly within your comfort zone.

[b7...]

In one of the Ashton manual tables you have exactly the withdrawal schedule of 1.5 mg of K (30 mg of V). Although it starts at 28 mg after the switching it is close enough to give you an idea of the taper schedule.

In my opinion Ashton schedules are on the faster side of tapers but it's good as a reference.

https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzsched.htm

I was taking 1.50k as of today I am on 30mg of v 3 times a day. I am so glad to say bye bye to k. I never liked it from the start. I will be on 30 v for a month then he will start my taper.i don’t know exactly how he is going to do it but hopefully very slow.

Those withdrawal schedules you linked are examples. The Ashton Manual itself states the following:

"Designing and following the withdrawal schedule. Some examples of withdrawal schedules are given on later pages. Most of them are actual schedules which have been used and found to work by real people who withdrew successfully. But each schedule must be tailored to individual needs; no two schedules are necessarily the same. Below is a summary of points to consider when drawing up your own schedule."

See here: https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/bzcha02.htm

The example schedules are a great starting point but you can make adjustments and you will probably need to make them at some point. It doesn't really make sense to ask if a taper should be exactly like the Ashton Manual when the Ashton Manual instructs you to taper at your own pace according to your individual challenges.