Klonopin Taper Help

[fi...]

I’d like to try a slower taper this time as recommended.  It seems very tedious however with the exact measuring etc.  Has anyone tried the oral solution to taper off?  Also, my doctor recommended I take it in the morning but it makes me sleep for hours in the afternoon.  I had taken it at night while tapering g despite his suggestion.  What are your opinions?  Thank you!

[20...]

Liquid solutions are very convenient forms to taper with.

If you're not bothered by anxiety during the day, I'd suggest taking you dose at bedtime.  It will help better with sleep and won't have you sleeping during the daytime.

The cost depends on the country where you reside and what insurance you have.  Have you determined that an oral solution of clonazepam is available in your country?  If so, a next step might be to contact the pharmacy you use to inquire about cost.

Yes, I have used liquid clonazepam.  It is definitely more expensive and, where I live, is done by a compounding pharmacy.  Insurance does cover most of the cost.  However, dosage is far more exact IMO.  I know I noticed withdrawal symptoms with minute dose differences, so precise dosing is crucial to me.

I have been switched to liquid diazepam as of a couple of weeks ago.

If you are sensitive to dosage reduction, please please go slowly.  I noticed that you went rather quickly as I did, far above the recommended 10% reduction at a time.  All the best to you.

firstweheal, in hope it might be of help ...

If you are in the US, an FDA-approved, prescription oral solution of clonazepam is not available.  However, a stability-tested, prescription, compounded oral suspension of clonazepam is.

Thank you all.  I am in the US and I pay under $5 for klonopin, I imagine the suspension costing a lot more especially because I don’t have actual insurance but Blink Health.  I’ll try the dry taper.  Although it seems tedious at least it’ll help prevent me from going going through hell a third time. I’m so grateful I found you guys and wish healing upon us all 🙏🏼

What natural alternatives do you guys recommend for depression, anxiety, energy & migraines during tapering?  I definitely don’t want to do anymore pharmaceuticals, but I’ve noticed natural supplements have no effect on me.  It’s as if the symptoms are so strong they overpower everything else.

[20...]

Thank you all.  I am in the US and I pay under $5 for klonopin, I imagine the suspension costing a lot more especially because I don’t have actual insurance but Blink Health.  I’ll try the dry taper.  Although it seems tedious at least it’ll help prevent me from going going through hell a third time. I’m so grateful I found you guys and wish healing upon us all 🙏🏼

What natural alternatives do you guys recommend for depression, anxiety, energy & migraines during tapering?  I definitely don’t want to do anymore pharmaceuticals, but I’ve noticed natural supplements have no effect on me.  It’s as if the symptoms are so strong they overpower everything else.

Exactly!  Benzos are very strong meds - much stronger than OTCs and supplements.  People have tried a LOT of supplements, herbs, etc and nobody's found anything that really helps a significant number of people.  Depression and anxiety are probably best dealt with via therapy so that you can develop effective coping skills.