Author Topic: Need Support with my Unusual use of Valium.  (Read 273 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Need Support with my Unusual use of Valium.
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2020, 06:14:20 pm »
Thank you. I appreciate that.

But I dont know if I am working this out wrong or not but that means I will be tapering for over a year for something I only took for 26 weeks and not even everyday?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Need Support with my Unusual use of Valium.
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2020, 06:26:24 pm »
The actual rate at which you taper is yet to be determined.  Our guideline is to start with 5-10% cuts every week or two, but it's just a suggested rate.  You may find that you can taper faster than that.  You might be able to make 10% cuts every week, for example.  That's a 4x faster taper rate than the one I showed you.

Again, the key is to get stable and find a tapering rate that works for your specific situation.  Err on the side of caution until you see how it's going to go with you.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.