Does tiny updose produce massive hangover next day for you?

[Ch...]

I am in the habit of occasionally taking a tiny updose when I just cannot switch off my mind and get to sleep. I know what will happen the next day but sometimes I'll just do anything to knock myself out.

The doses involved are minute… literally 0.02 mg on top of my usual dose which I usually take entirely at night.  This was also the case when I was on a higher dose than now, closer to 0.5 mg, so definitely less than 5% extra can do this.

I am wondering if it's all about the timing that produces the terrible hangover effects…grogginess and just feeling really sedated. Just awful all day.

I just feel that if I took that updose spread out over the day, it wouldn't be anything like as bad. And I wonder whether it's taking one dose just after another one at bedtime (albeit a much smaller second dose) that produces this massively sedating effect. However, I don't intend to try taking my normal dose +5% extra night all in one go because even one day ruined the next day is not worth it for the sake of an experiment.

Anyone else found this? Tiny extra one-off updose really being felt the next day?

I am bumping so a moderator can see it. Everything affects me lately so I’m sure it’s possible. I had decaf coffee yesterday and it caused a severe panic attack. At least I think it did. It’s hard to tell with all the sx going on.

Thanks. I think the effect of even a small updose is signicant.

Logically you would think that if an increase of <5 percent can do that to me, it's no surprise that a cut in the region of 7% is having a big impact.

I think it goes to show just how sensitive some people are to even small changes in their dose.

Agree re: decaf coffee as well. I drank a lot less during lockdown because coffee shops were closed and realise that it was part of my overall fatigue problem.

Cutting back on decaf as well as caffeinated drinks can only be helpful.