Help- Going to Reinstate-Need help with tapering

[Ta...]

HI, I was on .25/.5- Alprazolam for two months during an illness.  I CT three weeks ago and I'm having the worst physical symptoms- buzzing, adrenaline surges, chest pressure, head pressure, burning, etc.  This morning I woke up feeling totally helpless.  I have an appointment with the Dr. to discuss Reinstating to taper.  I need to be prepared with information.  I have no idea how to taper slowly from Aprazolam.  Can people give me some tapering examples that are slow.  I'm willing to do liquid or even switch over.  Poeple keep sending me the manual, but these are for high doses.  I don't want to go higher than needed.  I'm interested in tapering by using how my body feels.  Thanks so much for sending me examples that I can review to go over with my dr. 

Anyone?  I have an appointment with my Dr. tomorrow and I really need help/guidance.  Thank you

I would suggest you bring in a copy of the Ashton manual for your doctor to look at. It includes some tapering schedules. I will mention that Ashton’s schedules are often too fast for many so if your doctor is willing to help, it may behoove you to mention this and that flexibility in taper speed will be beneficial to you. That being said, you are still in the early stages of being benzo free. It might help you to post in the CT/Rapid taper groups or in the Post-withdrawal recovery groups. Those folks may have something to say with regards to reinstating.

Ashton manual:

https://benzo.org.uk/manual/

I would say not going back to higher doses than you were before, then stablize first before tapering again. Go as slow as possible like 10% cut every 4 wks and hold whenever needed. Ashton manual is too fast like cold turkey at lower doses below 2mg valium equivalent. These drugs are insanely potent at extreme low doses.

Diazepam takes a long time to build up in your system, so it will take a while for you to hopefully start feeling better. Reinstating doesn’t guarantee that you will feel better, either. Lots of people switch, but I’ve seen plenty of people say “better to deal with the devil you know, than the one you don’t.” Alprazolam is harder to taper from because it’s potent and short-acting, but if you do a liquid taper you can really fine tune and make smaller reductions.