As time progresses, more symptoms?

[th...]

Hi all

9 months free of klonopin after 5 yrs use of .25 daily

I have quite a few symptoms at this point, but things seem to be getting more ramped up as time goes on,,,,,1 , 2 ,3 months out I was more functional

Mostly the things that have gotten worse are, awful muscle tension in my whole body, weakness, fatigue and boaty sensations,,,,awful bloating in abdomen

They have been mounting for months and I am starting to become worried, the tension in my body is unreal, its hard to stay still and coming out of my skin with agitation/anxiety

I was a power athlete my whole life, now I am horribly fatigued in gym and when I take walks late at night im dragging my feet and falling asleep while walking

I went to the ER all blood work and thyriod fine as well as CT of abdomen

I has been feeling sick to my stoamach with tension and anxiety

Can this crap arise 9months off? has anyone felt like this and have it resolved

Ty for you advice

THEDayDreamer

It's so good you have reassuring results of medical workups but I know it's hard to deal with a flare up of symptoms months into your recovery.  Benzo withdrawal is maddening for many reasons but the unpredictable nature of it is hard to cope with.  The fact that you've had periods where you felt pretty good is a good sign of healing. 

Since your symptoms seem to be flaring up now may be a good time to up your self care and be careful to keep your stress levels down as much as you can.  You mention going to the gym etc.  It might help to ease up on what you do at the gym and exercise in general.  Overdoing it can put a lot of stress on our system as it tries to heal.

Hang in there - it's frustrating but you'll get through this.

Brighterday

Yes, I have definetly backed off high intensity exercise, I just do a little bit,,,,But I find myself very weak and fatigued when I walk or lift,,,,so I go very little

I have never had these issues my whole life, I could handle all type of stress, both physical and mental

I just would think that if your muscles have gone weak and tired, my god why would it happen 9 months after stopping and not sooner?

Its hard to feel like healing when you feel weak, not stronger 9mo out

but I gues this benzo thing is unpredictible

TDD

I am 6,5 months off valium 4mgs  for 20 months use including a long taper and I too feel I am getting worse and worse

I have different symptoms that you in that I have a lot of numbness, and feeling as if my hands feet and lips are icy cold but they are not in reality

I have this extreme tiredness and fatigue too , and where I had worked up to walking almost 10 miles a day, I am really struggling to do more that 2 miles now, yet this is my main distraction  and I feel I am walking when I am beyond tired,

I have really extreme tinnitus with many different sounds and loud,  the deep rumbling waves is the worst one ,

I also have major anxiety and panic which seems to not sit with  the tiredness,

My brain keeps wanting to shut down but I cannot let that happen so I fight it all day

I worry why I get no windows, and am so much worse than earlier months, 

I too was fit before this, and now I am shattered all the time

I guess this is the process and its different for everyone,  but I do hope something improves  for us soon ,

I cannot off answers but I do know you are not alone in symptoms getting worse  as time goes on .

Best wishes

Jen 

I am 6,5 months off valium 4mgs  for 20 months use including a long taper and I too feel I am getting worse and worse

I have different symptoms than you in that I have a lot of numbness, and feeling as if my hands feet and lips are icy cold but they are not in reality

I have  extreme tiredness and fatigue too , and where before  I had worked up to walking almost 10 miles a day, I am really struggling to do more that 2 miles now, yet this is my main distraction  and I feel I am walking when I am beyond tired,

I have really extreme tinnitus with many different loud  sounds ,  the deep rumbling waves is the worst one ,

I also have major anxiety and panic which seems to not sit with  the tiredness,

My brain keeps wanting to shut down but I cannot let that happen so I fight it all day

I worry why I get no windows, and am so much worse than earlier months, 

I too was fit before this, and now I am shattered all the time

I guess this is the process and its different for everyone,  but I do hope something improves  for us soon ,

I cannot off answers but I do know you are not alone in symptoms getting worse  as time goes on .

Best wishes

Jen

I know a few ppl including me got muscle sx extremely bad around month 10 or so, I'm 1 yr off, the entire body especially upper body and head muscle contraction rigidity got so much more intense each day, feeling crushed by an evil internal force everywhere. I had the muscle sx during taper and post jumping but never thought it can get to this level as I'm far away from the jump.

Hi all

9 months free of klonopin after 5 yrs use of .25 daily

I have quite a few symptoms at this point, but things seem to be getting more ramped up as time goes on,,,,,1 , 2 ,3 months out I was more functional

Mostly the things that have gotten worse are, awful muscle tension in my whole body, weakness, fatigue and boaty sensations,,,,awful bloating in abdomen

They have been mounting for months and I am starting to become worried, the tension in my body is unreal, its hard to stay still and coming out of my skin with agitation/anxiety

I was a power athlete my whole life, now I am horribly fatigued in gym and when I take walks late at night im dragging my feet and falling asleep while walking

I went to the ER all blood work and thyriod fine as well as CT of abdomen

I has been feeling sick to my stoamach with tension and anxiety

Can this crap arise 9months off? has anyone felt like this and have it resolved

Ty for you advice

THEDayDreamer

TDD, so sorry you're going through this. I too was (am?) a pretty serious athlete and it's really humbling to be taken down by a pill.

You had your bloods done @ the ER - have you had a full hormonal work-up? I don't think they usually do that in the ER so just wondering. I'm 47 and have been on testosterone replacement for almost 5 years. Post-benzo's, I noticed some oddities with my levels - both testosterone and estradiol. I know others struggle with thyroid, but that's usually in the standard tests...

In any case, I had to completely remove the tiny amount of aromatase inhibitor I was taking to stay "balanced". Also I had to take a bit more test to maintain the same levels as before. The point of all of this is benzos can wreak havoc with our endocrine system, so if you haven't had bloods done with full hormones - testosterone, estradiol, prolactin, progesterone, DHEA, DHEA-S, etc - I would see if you can do that. I know here in the States these levels aren't checked unless you ask for them specifically, at least not in my experience at most regular GP offices. This may or may not be the problem, but its worth ruling out since it's easily fixable.

Also consider massage therapy if you can find a place operating in our new COVID-19 world. If that's not an option look to self-massage with things like lacrosse balls, foam rollers, and stretching. I have an arsenal of tools like different sized rollers, lacrosse balls, and even fascia-release "claws" for my neck. My main symptoms are tension headaches and head pressure, and I can literally fend them off at times if I can get on the floor or lean up against a wall with these tools and dig into my tense muscles.