Jumping in about a week

[To...]

Hi Everyone

As I started getting low on my dose I found it helpful to read other people's "jump" experiences, so I thought I would document mine. Who knows what I'm in for. I have to go through it no matter what, so I'm just trying to be prepared for whatever happens.

I've been worried about healing because I made some dumb mistakes in the beginning. I cold turkeyed an SSRI after eight years, and that almost seemed to bring on the benzo withdrawal. I tried several times to get back on various SSRIs but they all made me worse at that point, especially Zoloft.

When I started having interdose withdrawal and didn't realize what it was, I became desperate to find a solution. Stupidly I turned to alcohol for a couple months after a life of not drinking. At the time I thought I was just massively depressed and some buddies suggested I just drink it away for awhile. I regret doing that and always wonder how this might have been easier if I hadn't added alcohol to the equation. But it was my decision.

That being said, I am doing better than I was earlier in this process. After needing to live with my parents for a year and a half, I moved back into my house about a month ago. I can finally watch a little tv after not being able to at all for a long time. I still have symptoms but they are a little milder. I have healed a tiny bit on the way down and I hope that bodes well for the jump.

I am at 0.1 milligrams of valium, and will jump after being on that dose for ten days. I will try to post updates after I jump and mention anything I find useful or helpful. I also welcome any advice.

Best of luck to all!

Tom

well done with the taper. that dose seems so low I can't believe it. hopefully you did most of the healing on your way down and won't suffer no where near as much as someone like me. in any case good luck with the jump and see you on the other side. there's another life waiting for you there.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew

Sounds like you are seeing improvement after some very tough times. I hope the healing continues for you!

Congratulations! You’re almost at the finish line! Zoloft was awful for me too. I’ve read that it’s best to taper the AD first, so hopefully that will mean you’ll have an easier go of it.

Thanks Andrew

Sounds like you are seeing improvement after some very tough times. I hope the healing continues for you!

thanks, like night and day . best thing I ever did

[1d...]

Hi Tom,

I just jumped three weeks ago. I did a long second taper and attenuated end. I could have quit way before the end but I wanted to make sure of a soft landing. I think that you won't feel any different than you felt in the last three months of your taper, as long as, you did it reasonable slow, and you did! Things in life may pull back some symptoms and you sometimes may feel you are back on ground zero again BUT that's normal. Something I did this time was to stop monitoring myself and stay away of Benzo related subjects and that includes BB.

Hope you have a normal life again!

Mice   

Tom,

I reached out to you many, many months ago when I was c/o from Valium and considering the liquid.  At that time, you were doing very poorly, as was I.  So glad to hear that there's been improvement for you!  Praise God.  What a wonderful thing to finally be mediation free in just a handful of days.  Prayers for a complete and fast total recovery for you!

I noticed back in probably March/April that we were at a similar point in our taper and now it looks like we'll be jumping at about the same time.

Different approach, I kept to dry cutting. I can cut tablets into 1/8ths (enough tablets to make mistakes) which look uniform enough and it has worked for me. Long hold of about 6 weeks at 1mg. My signature is out of date because I dropped to 0.75mg for 2 weeks, 0.5mg for a bit more than 2 weeks, now I'm at 0.25mg for 3 days. Back in my taper, I would have noticed a cut by this point, but it's really nothing. So I'm feeling really good about jumping soon, excited on some level, definitely a bit nervous. It's feeling like an anticlimax... I really hope it still feels like than in a month's time.

Good luck with your jump.

Congratulations! You’re almost at the finish line! Zoloft was awful for me too. I’ve read that it’s best to taper the AD first, so hopefully that will mean you’ll have an easier go of it.

Thanks Kitsune. It looks like you are getting close!

Hi Tom,

I just jumped three weeks ago. I did a long second taper and attenuated end. I could have quit way before the end but I wanted to make sure of a soft landing. I think that you won't feel any different than you felt in the last three months of your taper, as long as, you did it reasonable slow, and you did! Things in life may pull back some symptoms and you sometimes may feel you are back on ground zero again BUT that's normal. Something I did this time was to stop monitoring myself and stay away of Benzo related subjects and that includes BB.

Hope you have a normal life again!

Mice 

Hi Mice

Thanks for the input! I'm hoping it will be as you say, not noticing much difference. Guess I will know soon. So glad you were able to jump and survive!

Tom

Tom,

I reached out to you many, many months ago when I was c/o from Valium and considering the liquid.  At that time, you were doing very poorly, as was I.  So glad to hear that there's been improvement for you!  Praise God.  What a wonderful thing to finally be mediation free in just a handful of days.  Prayers for a complete and fast total recovery for you!

Thanks Momof7

How are you doing now? I hope you've got to enjoy some improvement.

I noticed back in probably March/April that we were at a similar point in our taper and now it looks like we'll be jumping at about the same time.

Different approach, I kept to dry cutting. I can cut tablets into 1/8ths (enough tablets to make mistakes) which look uniform enough and it has worked for me. Long hold of about 6 weeks at 1mg. My signature is out of date because I dropped to 0.75mg for 2 weeks, 0.5mg for a bit more than 2 weeks, now I'm at 0.25mg for 3 days. Back in my taper, I would have noticed a cut by this point, but it's really nothing. So I'm feeling really good about jumping soon, excited on some level, definitely a bit nervous. It's feeling like an anticlimax... I really hope it still feels like than in a month's time.

Good luck with your jump.

That's awesome that you will be done with the taper soon too. I basically feel exactly the same way you do. Only one way to find out how it will go, right? : )

Congrats, Tom, today is your day!!!! I jump in 2 weeks and 4 days. Hey, it may as well be now. It'll be here in nothing flat. Bet you feel just like you did yesterday except now you can 100% take credit for every improvement you make in your life. No medicine will affect your mood or method. Full speed ahead.

Congrats, Tom, today is your day!!!! I jump in 2 weeks and 4 days. Hey, it may as well be now. It'll be here in nothing flat. Bet you feel just like you did yesterday except now you can 100% take credit for every improvement you make in your life. No medicine will affect your mood or method. Full speed ahead.

Thanks Super Senior

That's great that you are so close to being done with the taper! In a couple weeks we'll be in the same boat. Here's to getting through this!

Tom