Feelings and Unreal

[JR...]

Does someone feels like that yesterday was longtime ago or it feels like even though I went out yesterday to grocery store but feels like that was may be ages ago or longtime ago.  It feels the stores or houses outside I am seeing after longtime or first time....very weird ...Am I loosing me mind? would this will ever get better...anyone

Klonopin is used for erasing memory of surgeries and I have experienced extreme distortions in time.  Absolutely non functional short term memory, extreme emotions attached to all memories of past and no time difference could be perceived in the memories of yesterday and memories of decades ago.  The extreme emotional connection to time hit me really hard over the last few months.  Stupid OCD waves force me to think about the past and my CNS attaches undue emotion to the eradicated sense of time.  It goes away and I am currently in a window that has zero trace of it.

Klonopin is used for erasing memory of surgeries and I have experienced extreme distortions in time.  Absolutely non functional short term memory, extreme emotions attached to all memories of past and no time difference could be perceived in the memories of yesterday and memories of decades ago.  The extreme emotional connection to time hit me really hard over the last few months.  Stupid OCD waves force me to think about the past and my CNS attaches undue emotion to the eradicated sense of time.  It goes away and I am currently in a window that has zero trace of it.

I am so relieved to hear this goes away......it’s been awful for me!

Meganz - you are more then 2 year off and it’s still not better then I am really sacred ... you still have same mental symptoms or anything got better

Thanks

Meganz - you are more then 2 year off and it’s still not better then I am really sacred ... you still have same mental symptoms or anything got better

Thanks

I CT’d off 6mg of klonapin/day (for 8 years). I was on seroquel, depakote, gabapentin, Effexor as well. I also withdrew from these meds over the last 2 years. On top of that, I just had a baby. So seriously if anyone was going to take forever to get better - it’s me.

My physical symptoms are completely gone. Mental is what’s left. Part of me wonders if the mental stuff is just “me”. I’m guessing my pregnancy hormones are mixing into the withdrawal mental symptoms and yeah - I’m a wreck. Looping thoughts are better - now just depression.

Don’t lose hope. My physical symptoms were torture. Like I was lit on fire for 1.5 years. They were hell on earth. They’re 100% gone

Thanks Meganz for a quick response .. it does ease my anxiety a little .. congrats on your new bundle of joy ...and hope you feel better and all your symptoms go away soon... Take care

Thank you Myke for your response and encouraging post...It helps a lot

Window is closed now, but along with the windows getting longer(first one was just a couple minutes), the waves seem to be less intense.  I wish this crap was linear, so I could say when I was going to be in a full time forever window and be able to tell others when they can expect the relief from all levels of benzo hell.  Crazy thing about not being in a window is that emotionally you are Immediately back to FEELING that you will never get better.  It is a Benzo lie and you can’t trust your feelings.  Everything is amplified so much that small truths become large lies.

Good luck y’all, Remember to wave from the windows. I believe It helps others.

Good advice Myke! I’m glad you’re having windows.

I never considered calling feeling good for a few minutes a window. But you may be right! Good thinking. I thought windows had to be for long periods of time.

In that case, I have very frequent windows and waves throughout each day.

Meganz...post partum is a real thing....I had it. Even if none of this had happened to you (meds etc), remember your hormones are doing some serious readjusting after pregnancy and birth.  Back with my first child (and no meds at that time) I remember sobbing bc I thought I was going to be a horrible mother and I felt like I didn't know what I was doing..blah blah blah. Sleep deprivation with hungry babies or colicky babies definitely adds to the instability. Sooooo...honey go easy on yourself. you're so used to symptoms being benzo related I think you might be automatically going there.

When in actuality you're a normal new momma.  :smitten: