When did the adrenaline surges lesson or stop for you?

[Ta...]

I'm really struggling with these horrible adrenaline morning surges.  I think some describe them as anxiety.  When did these lesson or stop for you?  I'm 2 1/2 weeks in off.  I REALLY appreciate your responses. 

I will let you know when I get there! I'm still having daily adrenaline surges that last for hours. Usually, in the morning.

THey are the worst.  They give you tons of energy but then you are so tired from not sleeping.  Worst feeling ever! 

It's like a burst of energy in your stomach bursting out into the rest of your body.  Your heart starts to race like crazy and your breathing fast.  This happens to me right when I wake up.  It's horrible.  It's a horrible way to start the morning.  Some mornings are worse than others (not sure why).  Some people get them throughout the day.  Mine are usually right when I wake up.  Have you experienced these? 

For me it is still the morning cortisol peak of generalized anxiety/fear, but the immediate auto triggering of adrenaline surges has been reduced 80% in severity and frequency.  The extreme fear of everything upon waking is finally getting some ebb and flow wave characteristics and I have had some partial windows now.  Going to sleep sucks, dreaming sucks and waking up sucks.  It is slowly getting better now.

Prior to tapering/quitting = I had constant adrenaline dumps all day, every day from tolerance withdrawals.  I could set it off by simply purposefully thinking about an upsetting scenario for a moment and did so unintentionally + intentionally many times a day as I was struggling to push through all the other tolerance withdrawal symptoms. 

My feeling has always been if you had anxiety before taking benzos you will have it after.  You must learn coping skills such as CBT but not the usual garbage that therapists do.  i would recommend learning them from Recovery International.  They have a website Recoveryinternational.org

They have FREE online meetings for you to attend and in many areas live meetings, which is what I used and loved.  You will learn coping techniques to get rid of your anxiety and hopefully your depression.  I will say depression is harder to get rid of using coping skills in my experience.  You might want to google “natural treatments for depression” and perhaps things like St Johns Wort, Sam-E, B complex, L dopa, (natural) or L Tyrosine might help.  I would try Recovery first, Lear the techniques, practice them, and see what you are left with after around six months. You should have much less trouble with anxiety by then.  If you suffer from depression, then try the other things.  I don’t remember if you said just anxiety or depression too.