Jordan Petersons firsts appearance since hes benzo hell .

[QU...]

I'm glad he finally found some sort of relief from his ordeal utilizing, as he described, a "modified" drug protocol which includes an anticonvulsant which he did not identify. I guess people will need to stay tuned &/or buy his next book to see how that works for him.

He's in Serbia under the care of an anesthesiologist and is getting relief, finally.

I wonder what type of treatment they're using? He said he'll update everyone again soon.

Fingers crossed everyone  :smitten:

Warning ,this will be highly triggering .dont watch if sensitive to triggers.

The expression on JP's face at the end of the interview says it all. He looked mentally, physically and spiritually drained but at the same time, looked like he was coping well considering. Whenever I would get lost in the existential dread, of that of which is benzo wd, I would wonder what I did to deserve what was happening to me, because the intensity of the pain I experienced made no sense, along with the intensity of the depression I would feel while slowly tapering despite coming on BenzoBuddies. For some reason, benzo wd can just be unbelievably horrible for some of us, and that it feels like we are at it alone despite not be. JP is getting over feeling like this and is traumatized and exhausted by the ordeal. I don't think his experience is in anyway unique. It bothered me how he and his daughter kept punctuating that this doesn't happen to everyone. It makes no sense to me how someone can walk away from this unscathed, considering what most of us have experienced slowly tapering. I pray that JP makes a full recovery and becomes a stronger and better version of himself, and is able to bring enough awareness to this DOCTOR/PHARMA induced epidemic; and that these brain butcher doctors just STOP PRESCRIBING these drugs LONGER THAN ONE WEEK. Enough is enough.

Also, I'm tired of people who think it is okay to take benzos long term. They are part of the problem. The people who seek these drugs and think they are harmless really makes no sense to me. How is this epidemic going to end if the consumer base doesn't stop demanding them?

This very well could be the biggest breakthrough in benzo awareness to date.  Almost a million views in a day.  Sounds like they both learned a great deal since she first reported about his benzo issues.  I personally doubt that he's found a treatment that has helped.  I think time and lack of ingesting a benzo are the only cures.  But hey, if he found something that helps, more power to him.  It looks like he'll be a proponent for benzo awareness now that he's getting his brain back.  I didn't find the discussion triggering.  To me it showed that healing is possible and probable, just have to hang in there.  Best wishes to anyone struggling.

I agree @stosh ,massive breakthrough in regards hes high profile . prescribers will continue to withdraw people way too fast .YT has gotten very bad so ide say the video will be removed .

The pressure he put himself under the last few years was immense .

He seems much improved but hes tolerance to stress surely can never be the same .

It triggered me because i want that feeling he had at the end of being out of the worst of it ,antidepressant withdrawl and benzos have me handicapped.

Peace. 

interesting in regards the enzyme test .

I've never heard of the cytochrome p450 enzyme panel test before... It's very hopeful though! I see an integrative doctor in a few weeks and I'll mention it to them. Has anyone on BB tried this test before?

Thanks!

The cytochrome p450 enzyme panel  is very interesting, I was on prozac for a stint and my liver enzymes went sky high! They returned back to normal once I ween'd off.

That being said, the cytochrome p450 enzyme is irrelevant to JP's case, along with many other BB's. It's not the drug in our system thats causing something like PAWS, but the down regulation of neuro transmitters.

Very interested to hear what this treatment entails, hopefully it's something other then flumazenil, the more tools we have to throw at this the better!

Did anyone get the impression he is still on anti seizure meds? What about SSRIs?

Can I urge ppl to go and comment under the video.

Most comments are from his fan club rather than about withdrawal.

It is worrying that ppl could watch that and think that detox is better option than tapering.

This is an excerpt from the Mayo Clinic: Overview

Your doctor may use cytochrome P450 (CYP450) tests to help determine how your body processes (metabolizes) a drug. The human body uses cytochrome P450 enzymes to process medications. Because of inherited (genetic) traits that cause variations in these enzymes, medications may affect each person differently.

Drug-gene testing — also called pharmacogenomics or pharmacogenetics — is the study of how genes affect your body's response to medication. Tests look for changes or variations in these genes that determine whether a medication could be an effective treatment for you or whether you could have side effects from a specific medication.

The cytochrome P450 enzyme includes the CYP2D6 enzyme, which processes many antidepressants and antipsychotic medications. By checking your DNA for certain gene variations, CYP450 tests can offer clues about how your body may respond to a particular antidepressant. CYP450 tests can also identify variations in other enzymes, such as the CYP2C19 enzyme.

CYP450 and other genetic tests (genotyping tests) are becoming more common as doctors try to understand why antidepressants help some people and not others. While the use of these tests might be increasing, there are limitations.

[70...]

Did anyone get the impression he is still on anti seizure meds? What about SSRIs?

Can I urge ppl to go and comment under the video.

Most comments are from his fan club rather than about withdrawal.

It is worrying that ppl could watch that and think that detox is better option than tapering.

I'm glad he finally found some sort of relief from his ordeal utilizing,

as he described,

a "modified" drug protocol which includes an anticonvulsant

which he did not identify.

I guess people will need to stay tuned &/or buy his next book to see how that works for him.

The cytochrome p450 enzyme panel  is very interesting, I was on prozac for a stint and my liver enzymes went sky high! They returned back to normal once I ween'd off.

That being said, the cytochrome p450 enzyme is irrelevant to JP's case, along with many other BB's. It's not the drug in our system thats causing something like PAWS, but the down regulation of neuro transmitters.

Very interested to hear what this treatment entails, hopefully it's something other then flumazenil, the more tools we have to throw at this the better!

Very interesting... I'm still on Prozac now and my liver enzymes are also sky high. I'd love to be off Prozac too but I'm just too sick to taper another med yet  :crazy:

Very interesting... I'm still on Prozac now and my liver enzymes are also sky high. I'd love to be off Prozac too but I'm just too sick to taper another med yet  :crazy:

One step at a time! You'll get there sooner then later, and your liver will heal! I had 2 docs and a psychiatrist tell me elevated enzymes weren't in the literature as a side effect of prozac. Guess they were wrong!

I'm hoping that he continues to do well, but I have to wonder about whatever medications he's taking and what their effects are on the neurotransmitters. Do they affect GABA, glutamate, dopamine, serotonin, etc.? Will he have further withdrawals and side effects to deal with, if so?

[70...]

Dr. Todd Grande's assessment of the JP interview.

Always good to hear other perspectives and views

especially when we feel vulnerable to information shared often

As he says many sides to this benzo story.

Much food for thought 

thanks for posting Mamoot  :thumbsup:

Dr. Todd Grande's assessment of the JP interview.

Always good to hear other perspectives and views

especially when we feel vulnerable to information shared often

As he says many sides to this benzo story.

Much food for thought 

thanks for posting Mamoot  :thumbsup:

Yes, I agree. His point about hearing other sides was a good one. Thanks for sharing the link, Mamoot.

I'm hoping that he continues to do well, but I have to wonder about whatever medications he's taking and what their effects are on the neurotransmitters. Do they affect GABA, glutamate, dopamine, serotonin, etc.? Will he have further withdrawals and side effects to deal with, if so?

That is what I was wondering,

That is what I was wondering,

Maybe they're waiting to see how he does before going public with the names of the medications he's on.

Thank-you for posting this, I wanted to post it myself.

This interview is a treasure trove of information and issues for discussion for benzos-affected people.

So for those who are interested i would provide a note of caution first:

Jordan is new to this, as is his daughter Mikheala and so they are going through some well known stages of people who are new, namely information overload initially and alarm-ism at the need to speak up. note: Whilst jordan is a professional with experience in this field. Mikheala is not. So they are grasping at straws in the 'trying to frantically find a solution' phase. So there is a real sense of throwing spaghetti at the wall in the information provided by Mikheala in the description of this video.

This is what the chaos of benzo withdrawal looks like when you first start going through withdrawal.

Mikheala has mixed in her links all of the folllowing, celebrity death related with mortality studies, dementia links found within studies, the Ashton protocol. Anecdotes from PhD's personally suffering. mainstream news pieces, catatonia examples and possible allergies she has identified that her father and her have that dont seem to be linked to benzos. So trigger warning in their for new people or people in a wave.

So bearing that in mind, i want to say this is amazing in terms of benzo's awareness for this community. While i am saddened Jordan has suffered even more than he already has with his journey of depression and anxiety, if there was ever a community that needed a prominent public intellectual champion to raise awareness - This its most certainly this one.

The potential impact of his voice added to ours cant be overstated. This man is the most prominent public intellectual in the western world: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/25/opinion/jordan-peterson-moment.html in the eyes of many. And while i may not agree with him on all his views. I do believe he is the most prominent. He is up there with Noam chomsky and Slavoj zizek in terms of recognition. Frankly though he far outsizes them as a ubiquitous and global brand name.

Additionally, he is certified and educated as an expert within THIS FIELD!!!!. His opinion and perspective on this holds significant weight as a researcher within the field or closely related with h index's and citations to his name. Like it or not, the voice of the common people rarely matters in our times. In a celebrity worshiping culture like ours, where money, branding and exposure are more meaningful than substance, this is a rare stroke of luck for our issue.

His video above has reached 1.6 million views. Thats 1.6 million people hearing, in pain staking gritty detail, about the devastational effect of these drugs on someone they are emotionally invested in. His other videos have been seen 21 million and 13 million times and his Joe Rogan Appearences are downloaded 190 million times per month.

In short, arguable the most listened to man on earth for the thinking classes who run all societies just started talking about benzodiazepines and the "appalling tragedy", his words. Thats huge.

My thoughts go out to him and his family, his story is truly a tragic one and one that is much worse than i anticipated. Hes been through hell, like we all have. I wish him strength and endurance for the hard road ahead. I also wish him divine or spiritual guidance from god to find an easier path than the one it seems hes been on. He seems to be relying heavily on the medical industry to correct their devastating intervention and i believe this will not provide him with any good returns. I myself abandoned medical interventions to let nature correct what i and the medical community had done, i think he is going to have to make his peace with the fact there are no solutions in medicine available, only deeper rabbit holes to get lost in.

Very interesting take aways from this video for people to think about:

Jordan talks about how, people will expect that he should of known better given his qualifications and background within this field - how did this slip past the gatekeepers of the field, i.e. him and others - especially when he has preached caution and taking responsibility his whole life - an amazing self examination into how he as well as others missed this can be seen dawning on him in real time.

What was the name of the second drug he took? does anyone know. In the ED in Russia he was put into a coma with propofol and another drug. I looked for the second drug but could not find any confirmation on it. I think Mikheala got the name wrong. Their treatment was comatose the patient for 14 days and try reboot him after he went through withdrawal while in a coma!. this is insane. We need to be aware of this sort of bs as a community to make sure vulnerable people are not trying crazy treatment options like this in a hyper vulnerable state - or investigate it, either or, we need oversight dammit.

Jordan claims hes found a potential treatment at the end and hes been very good for 2 weeks - i dont want to rain on his positive 2 weeks, but that just sounds like a window to me. either way we should follow this story absolutely to see if his treatment holds up. -- remember hes super rich so he can try everything out there if he wants. He is most certainly worth watching and following now just for this if anything. Sadly and sickeningly, this will be like a reality tv show of sorts for one of us. And in this day and age, that means people will really see what needs to be seen. He and his family have reached that level of celebrity where they share pretty much everything

I will pray for him and all of us BB's. Sorry for the essay but this is such an important moment i feel for public awareness of this issue, that i feel all BB's should be following, even if its just from afar. Its a conversation starter and now everyone has a foot in the door because they know him, they know you and I, and validation starts to creep into everyones minds that this is 100% real, we are not in our own heads here, and this a public health emergency that needs to be fuking addressed NOW!.

Hope your all well and healing.

Pinky

interesting in regards the enzyme test .

I've never heard of the cytochrome p450 enzyme panel test before... It's very hopeful though! I see an integrative doctor in a few weeks and I'll mention it to them. Has anyone on BB tried this test before?

Thanks!

hey donnie

the explanation from university that i recall is that cytochrome p450 is essentially thought of as the "guardian" of the cell. It was being closely studied in cancer causation as many insults (smoking, radiation etc) were thought to knock out this "guardian" thereby allowing uncontrolled cellular growth aka Cancer.

Its also involved in drug metabolism. The logic is therefore that, IF and its a big IF here, if they are guarding against benzos and anti depressant damage in the cell in some people but not others, it might explain why some of us are damaged from the drug and others are not.

The reason its a big F is because there is a Symphony of interacting molecules at this level of the biology, think of a bee hive swarm, and they all interact quickly with each other in ways we dont fully understand. So thats why its a big IF above, cause its really hard to tell if this is a causal mechanism. Its not unrealistic to say this is kind of a stab in the dark, but hey, stabs in the dark are how science works sometimes, so its a plausible theory, the testing could tell us more.

in this case, theres a new field of medicine called pharmaco genetics or in laymens terms, they are like "designer drugs" drugs that are compatible with your specific genetics and therefore are individualised and work specifically on you and people with your dna, not just all human beings. These drugs are the future.

Ultimately in a nutshell, they are looking to see if we have a genetic predisposition to this.

see here at mayo clinic it explains it as it related to anti depressants https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/cyp450-test/about/pac-20393711

thats my understanding anyway. i tried to simplify it for any non science background persons to understand.

Just one thing, I am living in a country near Serbia and following Mikhaella Peterson instagram.

There are great riots now in Serbia.

There is also a strange problem with corona there. Their president that is like dictator has lied about number of people sick of corona, number of respirators and held an election. Everything was great by his words about corona. After the election it is worse then before, he wants to close all people in homes for weekends Serbia is not a good place to be now.

His party has won election with 70 percent or something like that and there is only one more party in parliament and it is in coalition with him