Skin crawling?

[eb...]

[eb...]

Hey BBs,

I did a search but nothing came up for skin crawling feeling...I get this sensation at night sometimes, along with racing thoughts and tension in my chest...I assume withdrawal related.  Lately I have been extremely uncomfortable.  I am complaining a lot and so grateful for this message board.  The belly bloat is absolutely gross too.  Some days flat, others like a spare tire.  Ugh.  I’m

Starting to get scared these symptoms will be here forever.  Did I mention insomnia?  Been awake since 2am.

Itchy, lonely, and racing mind.  Fabulous.  :(

Sorry that you are going through this .

Hang in there.The skin crawling is called formication. It is a tactile hallucination.Drug induced. It gets better though.

About sleep you just need to stop minding about it.Easier said than done.

Acceptance without judging is the best thing to do now.

Bexlan

Hello,

I had skin crawling sensations for about 1 month, 2 months into my post withdrawl. Then it went away. It was crazy weird, I literally felt something crawling in my skin on my left side kidney area. There were only a few symptoms went away, my depression,  hot flashes, but I started feeling happy, joy, excitement, motivation, my appetite came back but comes and goes. I wish my other symptoms would go away too. Hang in there your definately not alone. We are healing very slowly. Be very patience.

I have itchy skin, with strange sensations like tingling and burning.  This is getting better as of late, it is decreasing.  I am 23 months off benzos.  I also get sweats and chills, particularly at night.  Yes, this is a hallucination of sorts, as there is no rash or anything on my skin.  Last summer it was worse than now.  This is just one of those things we have to live with for a while. Take care, this will pass with time.

[01...]

Hi fierslaidy!

Those sensations are very familiar to me. I had it several times but lasted for a short period of time. I think is extreme anxiety produced by withdrawal or when tolerance kicks in. Insomnia makes it worse. The thing that worked for me was distraction and exercise. Just having a walk would help tremendously. Do it routinely like taking a pill. I take cold showers too. I know it sounds like torture but it really helped me to fall asleep in the worst time of my ordeal.

Hope it helps!

Mice.