Why such awful so far out

[ti...]

I am 19 months off. I'm having such a difficult time, and the worst issues are coming in the middle of the night. I doze off eventually and wake within an hour or two and shock awake with burning, heart racing, flushing, racing thoughts, TERROR. I took a Vistaril and it did nothing. I've been awake since 3am and I'm wired still. Why does this happen? These episodes are terrifying. It makes me feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Please tell me this gets better 🙏

It does get better tidefan.  That shock awake thing is terrying.  It had completely stopped for me,yet only 2 weeks ago it came back for one night only.  Seems to dissipate over time.  That's been my experience.

It's awful, I know.  Sheer terror.  It will stop eventually.  :smitten:

Dee

19 months off isn’t that far out in the benzo withdrawal timeline. I felt terrible at the time and relate to all your symptoms. I personally didn’t start feeling any kind of relief until 30 months off. I’m 36 months off now and although I’m not healed, I’m certainly better and more functional than before.

19 months off isn’t that far out in the benzo withdrawal timeline. I felt terrible at the time and relate to all your symptoms. I personally didn’t start feeling any kind of relief until 30 months off. I’m 36 months off now and although I’m not healed, I’m certainly better and more functional than before.

Thank you Sunshine 🙏

I'm so glad you're feeling better, albeit slowly. Do/did you have waves that lasted for months at a time? I've been in a downward wave for 9 months. It scares me so!

I 100% agree with this timeline sunshine.