Fatigue is a daily thing at 13 months, any advice?

[Mi...]

I'm 13 months off of Ativan and med free. I am so very grateful that  the very severe symptoms are gone. I'm about 90% healed.

However, for the last week I feel so tired that I do some activity, then have to rest for an hour or so. Even showeing is really wearing me out.

This is welcomed compared to feeling fear, DR, insomnia, and akathasia that I had months ago where I found no comfort, nowhere. But, it's difficult to plan anything. If I walk the dog, go to a store, or do some chores I feel my bed is pulling me into it like a magnet. I'm trying to balance it, but listen to.my body. I don't want to get weak (lose muscle mass and stamina) from being in bed too much, and the other things that being on bedrest from an illness can cause. I've even read bedrest can cause vertigo and BPPV. I don't want to go down that road again as the dizzyness and unsteadinessare are finally almost gone for me. I just think this is a major long term injury and it probably will make us weak for awhile. Some days I even decide not too drive. I'm so tired I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel.

Is it adrenal fatigue from the constant "fight or flight" from the previous months and our bodies want to rest now? Anyone experience this? If so, how did you handle it?

Ya Miss F,  Fatigue is super common and I think you are onto something with adrenal fatigue being part of the reason.  I have been around the forum for awhile and noticed many who were in the last stages of healing to be struggling with fatigue.  This seemed to be their last sx to go.  Hopeful thought anyway.

Fatigue clobbered me around 14-16 month.  I am in 18 and have a few other mild sxs hanging around. Some days, the fatigue slams me again.  My advice is listen to your body.  If ya get worn out easily....rest.  Don't push.  Our poor old bodies have really been through it.

Glad you are coming along in your healing.

I handled it by being grateful that I had healed so much and by accepting that it’s just part of the process. You seem to have come a long way so my advice would be to hang on in there and it’ll go when it chooses. Then you can tick-off another success.

I'm 13 months off of Ativan and med free. I am so very grateful that  the very severe symptoms are gone. I'm about 90% healed.

However, for the last week I feel so tired that I do some activity, then have to rest for an hour or so. Even showeing is really wearing me out.

This is welcomed compared to feeling fear, DR, insomnia, and akathasia that I had months ago where I found no comfort, nowhere. But, it's difficult to plan anything. If I walk the dog, go to a store, or do some chores I feel my bed is pulling me into it like a magnet. I'm trying to balance it, but listen to.my body. I don't want to get weak (lose muscle mass and stamina) from being in bed too much, and the other things that being on bedrest from an illness can cause. I've even read bedrest can cause vertigo and BPPV. I don't want to go down that road again as the dizzyness and unsteadinessare are finally almost gone for me. I just think this is a major long term injury and it probably will make us weak for awhile. Some days I even decide not too drive. I'm so tired I'm afraid I'll fall asleep at the wheel.

Is it adrenal fatigue from the constant "fight or flight" from the previous months and our bodies want to rest now? Anyone experience this? If so, how did you handle it?

I'm quite fit and work out often, and even I get this extreme fatigue sometimes. It's not my normal state, but it's still weird - very unfamiliar to me. I've seen a lot of others experience it too. It's part of recovery.

I will let myself nap for 30-45 mins or so in the afternoon - normally I'm not a napper - but it seems if I let myself stay on the couch or lie in bed too much it gets worse. It's very odd like that.