19 weeks and 2 days since klonopin

[Je...]

Good morning all. I just wanted to write a quick update, a positive one at that. It has been 19 weeks and 2 days since I jumped off of klonopin. Lord has it been a rocky road since then, but today it is better. I’m pretty sure my blood pressure and pulse rate have regulated back to normal. It has been a couple of weeks since numbers have been have. My palpitations are still there, but they have greatly reduced. Still have panic attacks, I had one earlier, but I’m learning how to distract and control them before they get out of hand. It’s definitely a process, but it’s better. Things do get better. I don’t think I’m fully healed yet, but I am a 1000 times better than where I was a couple of months ago. This message board has been a blessing. I still may need to post asking for advice and other people’s stories, but today I don’t need to and I am also thankful for that. I’m still not ready to start experimenting with “normal things”, like caffeine, alcohol, going to the gym, etc. but I am starting to take slow walks a couple times a week which is a big improvement. Thank you to everyone for helping me through this, and just wanted to let those still struggling that there is hope. This is the longest I have been completely off benzos since I started them. I hope I never have to go back. Have a good day everyone!

Wow!  This is great news, I'm so happy for you.

You are seeing some good improvements and finding ways to deal with the symptoms that are still hanging on.  With this trajectory of healing I can't see why you'd need to go back to taking benzos again.

Enjoy these signs of wellness, you deserve them.

pianogirl  :smitten:

That’s great news. 19 weeks isn’t long though in this process so take it step-by-step. I got the impression from your note that you are a bit too close to alcohol and caffeine than you should be. Have a read of ‘The Four Phases’ by Sofakingdone. Good luck.

G

Really terrific news jenni.  It's great when we start to see change beginning to occur, at last. 

Similar occurring for me at 16 months.  What a journey.  Not there yet, but getting there. 

Dee x

No, I have not read that and no, not too close to alcohol or caffeine. Don’t use either one. Just would be nice to have a cup of coffee or small soda or cocktail without symptoms going through the roof. I’m sure everyone here misses life before benzos. Also mentioned miss going to the gym. That’s all. Thank you to everyone else for the replies. Just trying to add a positive note into this.

No, I have not read that and no, not too close to alcohol or caffeine. Don’t use either one. Just would be nice to have a cup of coffee or small soda or cocktail without symptoms going through the roof. I’m sure everyone here misses life before benzos. Also mentioned miss going to the gym. That’s all. Thank you to everyone else for the replies. Just trying to add a positive note into this.

The Sofakingdone thread is at the top of this board. Alcohol is a massive no-no and many have suffered setbacks from just one drink - including me!

Good luck

G