ssri while tapering

[bo...]

A lot of people end up on benzos because of antidepressant side effects. I am one of them. I had a bad reaction to Zoloft that led to hospitalization and a benzo prescription. I’m tapering the benzo first, but many in the AD withdrawal community suggest tapering the AD first. The idea of tapering the AD first is because ADs are activating drugs and benzos are sedating, so while cutting your dose of an AD the benzo acts as a “brake” to lessen AD withdrawal symptoms. That being said, I have read plenty of stories of people successfully tapering the benzo first.

Hi how are  you sleeping? is your Ad affecting  it ?  I was insomniac when I can out my AD the first time and abruptly stopping AD'S after months  of trail so as I wean  have very fragile sleep  vivid dreams,  although many have this problem anyway... I take celexa 5mg it is still stimulating but I don't know if that is affecting my sleep

My sleep is ok. Sometimes broken, sometimes not. ADs definitely mess with our sleep. Valium is very sedating so it lets me sleep. Also I take my Effexor in the morning to help avoid the activating effects.