Nerve Pain

[Ye...]

I am clueless as to why benzo withdrawal causes nerve pain? What gives? I'm having it in my feet, hands, legs and neck. Comes and goes. It went away for a few months but now it's back as my taper had progressed. Thanks all.

I have it too. It’s a common side effect. I had it for years and the doctors had no idea why. Now I definitely know it’s the benzos. Hopefully it will improve.

I am absolutely certain the neuropathic pain is benzo w/d. Unfortunately I've learned the hard way, I tapered before and developed horrible nerve pain, never connected it to w/d and was reinstated but still healed very slowly. I had all kinds of testing, no one ever figured out what was wrong. Now I'm tapering again, slower and with much more difficulty, neuropathic pain out of control. This time around, I recognized the pattern, but I am so much worse and I cannot believe I have to go through this again.

Best of luck to you!

Can I ask what ppls nerve pain feels like.

I have lost a lot of sensation through body or, rather brain can’t interpret pain properly.

I am literally being crushed by my muscles - shows on MRI, can’t take any meds.

When got off first time had excruciating pain at spinal surgery site - like someone doing surgery on it again but now I know it hurts and burning down legs etc but can’t feel it properly so hard to tell if causing damage.

Even the inside of my mouth is numb. My teeth are numb but have incredible internal pressure.

Nerve pain returns a bit when take each dose but all muscles collapse as well.