Eye sensation problem!

[Be...]

6 months after jumping from benzos, I started getting eye and eye lashes problems, like: itching, burning, dry eyes and stinging sensations, and eye lashes hair hardening and falling, and compelling me to pluck them out to the point that it became a habit to me.

This is very uneasy and uncomfortable. It is also affecting my sleep and my daily routine. It is literally torture, least to say!

I went to an Optometrist and he diagnosed me with blepharitis and gave me some eye drops that I used for 2 months but didn't work! After reading and researching the net about blepharitis, I figured out that it is Not parallel to what I have!

Anybody else have the same complaint?!

BC-

I don't have quite the same complaint as you, but in the first 15 months or so of wd, my left eye would feel as though it had an eyelash loose and irritating it. I made numerous trips to the optometrist who found nothing, except for one time, where he found a bit of debris with some scuffing. It took months more for the irritation to stop. But every so often I'll still feel just a small bit of irritation which seems to subside within a few hours.

Were your eyelids red and swollen as well?

Stubbing, dry, watering , smeary, bleary, my own tears feel like acid, crusty in mornings to point can’t open them. And when got off first time blephospasm.

There are gaba receptors in eyes.

Stubbing, dry, watering , smeary, bleary, my own tears feel like acid, crusty in mornings to point can’t open them. And when got off first time blephospasm.

"There are gaba receptors in eyes."

I'm sure there is!

But the question is; Do our Gaba receptors all over our body ever heal and return back to normal??!!!

Cause to me it seems like not.

You may want to read about corneal erosion. Hopefully that's not it, but that is what it turned out was my problem with my eye. After surgery, I was in so much pain that I had to take gabapentin for five days. I clearly had some nerve pain which I assume is related to my earlier use of benzos.

6 months after jumping from benzos, I started getting eye and eye lashes problems, like: itching, burning, dry eyes and stinging sensations, and eye lashes hair hardening and falling, and compelling me to pluck them out to the point that it became a habit to me.

This is very uneasy and uncomfortable. It is also affecting my sleep and my daily routine. It is literally torture, least to say!

I went to an Optometrist and he diagnosed me with blepharitis and gave me some eye drops that I used for 2 months but didn't work! After reading and researching the net about blepharitis, I figured out that it is Not parallel to what I have!

Anybody else have the same complaint?!

Yeah I have this. It feels like eye lashes are always in my eyes and/or my eyes are often burning and itching and very watery. It's part of WD in my experience.

"There are gaba receptors in eyes."

I'm sure there is!

But the question is; Do our Gaba receptors all over our body ever heal and return back to normal??!!!

Cause to me it seems like not.

They heal. I had this last year too and when I recovered it went away. I'm healing now and it's becoming much less frequent.

I had problems with my eyes, itching so bad. They were swollen and puffy, terrible. I actually developed an infection.  I went to the Primary doctor, and then to an ophthalmologist.  She gave me a steroid salve to apply to the lids, and an antibiotic. When the infection cleared I just used the antibiotic. The drops she gave me did not work at all, only the salve.  This worked for a while, and then stopped working. I went back to her, and she said this happens after a while with steroids.  Now, after  23 months, I don't have these severe problems. I do, however, still have itchy eyes.  I just wash my face with a gentle hypoallergic cleanser, and several times a day splash warm water on my eyelids with my eyes closed.  This helps a bit, but it still is always present.  I hope this continues to improve for me, as it is very annoying.