Need a friend please I'm scared

[Su...]

Hi I'm really hurting... The anxiety and fear are really bad I'm hoping there are people who have passed this stage that would be willing to chat with me. I feel very lonely and scared. My last taper was too fast and I don't know if I'll stabilize or if I have to updose I don't know who to talk to... I just need some encouragement and support...and a friend. Please and thank you so much 🙏

Hi Jess. Everyone here is a survivor or still going through withdrawal. You have all of us. If you have the choice to not updose, don't.

SuperJess: If you're up to it go to profile and add your meds and dose to your signature...its helpful to others who want to give support.

The anxiety/fear is intense at first. Remember its the gaba thats normally supposed to regulate this and its kind of out of wack bc of benzos. It needs to heal to do its job again. I promise you won't lose your mind..feels like it right now but you won't. you'll find support here and tricks of your own to cope and alleviate some of what you're feeling.

One day rolls in to the next and somehow we all just keep pushing through - none of us know how - but we do. Support is so important and thats why this site is a lifesaver some days. Read the success stories on here - it helps to keep your mind in a positive/hopeful place.

Hi, Jess, I strongly recommend you read "What Is Happening In Your Brain" on the "Repository" page. It is helpful and reassuring beyond measure. xo

I promise you, the fear and loneliness will get better as you heal but it takes time.  For me, the best thing was to distract my mind.  Also, I had support from several people here on BB.

Feel free to PM me if you just need to talk or if you want to hear more about my journey. 

Withdrawal from benzos caused lots of fear and loneliness in my brain.  The benzos help to calm that part of the brain when taking them, so the opposite happens when you stop.

BBG

Just saying hi. A lot of us are in the same boat. I also deal with extreme anxiety every day. It comes and goes and I do have windows where I feel better but right now it's pretty intense. I hope you start to feel better soon!

Fear and loneliness were terrible for me at the beginning of the taper but they got better before the physical symptoms did.

Hi I'm really hurting... The anxiety and fear are really bad I'm hoping there are people who have passed this stage that would be willing to chat with me. I feel very lonely and scared. My last taper was too fast and I don't know if I'll stabilize or if I have to updose I don't know who to talk to... I just need some encouragement and support...and a friend. Please and thank you so much 🙏

Hi jess . I am a survivor and have my life back .

Just keep going it is withdrawel from the drugs you are taking . I agree with one of your other posts you need to log your profile so people can see what you have taken and how much especially if you are looking for tapering advice .

The anxiety and fear will go just keep on going🙏

Hey Jess  :)

so sorry you are having a bad time  :(

Things do get better. It just takes time but try and stay positive and think there is a light at the end of the tunnel and you will get better.

Agreed with everyone else, please put in your signature what your tapering from and the dosages your are doing, it will help others give you advice  :)

Hope things improve for you  :)

Hi.  My feeling has always been if you had anxiety before taking benzos you will have it during taper and after,  You must learn coping skills such as CBT but not the usual garbage that therapists do.  i would recommend learning them from Recovery International.  They have a website Recoveryinternational.org

They have FREE online meetings for you to attend and in many areas live meetings, which is what I used and loved.  You will learn coping techniques to get rid of your anxiety and hopefully your depression.  I found they saved my life from panic attacks and anxiety.  No one sees you at the online meetings.  You need nothing but your computer and to register before hand.  It is all explained on the website. Hope this helps