Down to 1 mg Valium and need help

[...]

It's been a long hard road but am finally down to 1 mg. I plan on tapering .01 ml/day but looking for advice if this is the way to go.

Have you stabilized on the 1mg and or feel good on it?

Sorry I fprgot about posting this. i've been holding for 2 years so I feel really good, no sxs, no brain fog... In fact I feel so good I really don't want to start tapering. But I know I need to get off this poison. Just not looking forward to it

Do you mean 0.01mg per day? If you are doing a liquid titration, whether you should go at 0.01ml per day depends how many mg is in the ml  ;)

I assume that's what you mean, so it's 1% per day? I think this is a fine starting point. Most people will be able to handle that for the coming weeks at least, starting from a stable position as you are.

It can be a frightening prospect but be reassured that your schedule is sensible and manageable for a vast majority of people. If you experience symptoms, they are unlikely to be too scary. Break it down into chunks. Make it your aim to cut 0.01mg for 2 weeks and decide at that point whether you need a little break or whether you can carry on for another week.

Do you mean 0.01mg per day? If you are doing a liquid titration, whether you should go at 0.01ml per day depends how many mg is in the ml  ;)

I assume that's what you mean, so it's 1% per day? I think this is a fine starting point. Most people will be able to handle that for the coming weeks at least, starting from a stable position as you are.

It can be a frightening prospect but be reassured that your schedule is sensible and manageable for a vast majority of people. If you experience symptoms, they are unlikely to be too scary. Break it down into chunks. Make it your aim to cut 0.01mg for 2 weeks and decide at that point whether you need a little break or whether you can carry on for another week.

Yes this is the method pioneered by Daiz-Pam who started the Diazepam thread; You mix 1 ml D with 99 ml water. On the first day you drink 99 ml of solution, next day 98 and so on until youi're done. Of course if you get hit, just hold until stable

Hi JWL

I am using liquid diazepam from the pharmacy and have been dropping at a rate of .01mg per day for quite a while now. I haven't been dropping each day, but just dropping .1 every ten days so it's the same rate of progress. If I felt rough I just held a little longer. This was easier for me than doing daily reductions and it seemed to work. I'm planning to jump in five days from .1. As you know it's different for everyone, hopefully you find the technique that works for you.

Tom

Hi JWL

I am using liquid diazepam from the pharmacy and have been dropping at a rate of .01mg per day for quite a while now. I haven't been dropping each day, but just dropping .1 every ten days so it's the same rate of progress. If I felt rough I just held a little longer. This was easier for me than doing daily reductions and it seemed to work. I'm planning to jump in five days from .1. As you know it's different for everyone, hopefully you find the technique that works for you.

Tom

Congrats Tom! Yes it's the same rate but a different method. The reason I like daily titrations is because you're making tiny cuts giving your body time to adjust rather than making a bigger cut and maybe getting bit. But we all react differently and have to do what's best for our body