Grey hair invasion

[Pl...]

I have read about (and experienced) so many strange symptoms that the body can produce during and after withdrawal and nothing surprises me anymore... But, I have one symptom that I've never heard of.

Very soon after I started my quick taper I started to grow grey hair for the first time in my life. I thought that this wouldn't happen to me as no one in my family has grey hair. I have seen friends grow grey hair as a result of severe stress and I do think that's what happening to me now. My brain is in stress mode.

It would be interesting to hear if anyone has any experience of this symptom!

You are lucky if they are only changing colour. Mine started to fall after 4 months in withdrawal and I've lost more than 50 percent of my hair.

I experienced hair thinning and than hair fall.

Keep your diet good hopefully it may help.

Also check Biotin & Zinic supplements they may help.

Oh I am so sorry for you Raiz. Another cruel symptom to handle! And you are right about the diet. I haven't been able to maintain good habits these days, due to both withdrawal and corona. But I think that I'm beginning to feel normal enough to change my diet now. I sure could loose some weight too...

Hi Pling,

I already had grey hair to begin.  Platinum blonde as I prefer to call it.  :laugh:

My hair did some really weird things.  It went straight, whereas before it was curly.  It turned dark brown at the very back, but most of all it fell out!  All over the carpet, my clothing, the shower.  Had to clean my brush constantly. 

My hair was one of my "good" points.  Very thick and curly.  So with the black bags under my eyes and thin lustreless hair I looked a wreck.  I was a wreck.  Skin was terrible too. 

I don't doubt for a moment that your hair may be showing signs of grey.  When I read up on it it is possible for hair to change colour.  Even grey back to brown.  Mine did at the back.  Hope same for you. 

Stress too could be possible cause, but I don't doubt for a moment that withdrawal could be a factor. 

My curls have returned and my hair is thick again.  Yay! 

Dee

:smitten:

Not only gone grey, am going bald due to WD and growing hair on face.

Plus all muscles atrophied very fast, skin dry and loose like a 90 year old, nails brittle and flaking.

Thank you everyone for sharing your (good and bad) experiences!

I am convinced that all changes on hair and skin is due to withdrawal. It is a kind of stress to the system and the consequences is similar to other types of stress. It make sense.

Deadwoodgone, your hair story is so interesting! And so very hopeful for us who is in different stages of recovery. I can live with having grey hair, but losing hair is harder...

I wish you all a lovely summer and many good hair days to come!