How to slow taper .5 mg xanax

[el...]

My cutting tactic with a knife trying to get down 1/4 of a tablet of .25 mg Xanax ( I take 2) is tough.  Never know exactly how much I cut.  Hard to duplicate. Today feel burning of feet , no sleep .  Last night woke up with sweats and anxiety.  Should I keep going?  I need to taper as in the afternoons or evening I get what seem to be horrible long panic attacks but I wonder if it is tolerance.  I don’t want to increase my dose.  But maybe instead of all at night I could do something in the day ?  I am so sensitive I feel like giving up. How can I more accurately and I guess slowly taper this?  Been two months going on three ....feel I am ruined. I did not have any of these symptoms before I was prescribed Xanax for sleep.  So sad, not sure there is help..,, the psychologist says it is hard but I can do it.  The psychiatrist gives me no guidance except to Valium taper.  If I don’t tolerate Xanax not taking the chance in Valium.  The scale thing looks too complicated.  If I get cutting sort of same amount in a few days do the symptoms fade until the next change? Thanks

I'm having some trouble following your question. Can you put your taper schedule in your signature so people can see how you have tapered so far? I asked my doctor to prescribe.25 tablets and that was helpful. Would your doctor do that for you? I have burning feet as well. I believe that xanax causes this. I definitely was in tolerance for years before I started tapering. Hopefully other people will comment with advice about how to cut the medicine. I use a pill cutter. A lot of people say it's not accurate enough though. Hopefully you will start to feel better. ☺