Author Topic: How to slow taper .5 mg xanax  (Read 123 times)

[Buddie]

How to slow taper .5 mg xanax
« on: June 28, 2020, 01:00:53 pm »
My cutting tactic with a knife trying to get down 1/4 of a tablet of .25 mg Xanax ( I take 2) is tough.  Never know exactly how much I cut.  Hard to duplicate. Today feel burning of feet , no sleep .  Last night woke up with sweats and anxiety.  Should I keep going?  I need to taper as in the afternoons or evening I get what seem to be horrible long panic attacks but I wonder if it is tolerance.  I donít want to increase my dose.  But maybe instead of all at night I could do something in the day ?  I am so sensitive I feel like giving up. How can I more accurately and I guess slowly taper this?  Been two months going on three ....feel I am ruined. I did not have any of these symptoms before I was prescribed Xanax for sleep.   So sad, not sure there is help..,, the psychologist says it is hard but I can do it.   The psychiatrist gives me no guidance except to Valium taper.  If I donít tolerate Xanax not taking the chance in Valium.   The scale thing looks too complicated.  If I get cutting sort of same amount in a few days do the symptoms fade until the next change? Thanks
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: How to slow taper .5 mg xanax
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2020, 05:04:24 pm »
I'm having some trouble following your question. Can you put your taper schedule in your signature so people can see how you have tapered so far? I asked my doctor to prescribe.25 tablets and that was helpful. Would your doctor do that for you? I have burning feet as well. I believe that xanax causes this. I definitely was in tolerance for years before I started tapering. Hopefully other people will comment with advice about how to cut the medicine. I use a pill cutter. A lot of people say it's not accurate enough though. Hopefully you will start to feel better. ☺
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.