I can't do this I'd rather die

[be...]

I starting this crappy drug valium to stop feel anxious and having daily panic attacks, now I've got to go through the same shit which got me here. I don't want to be on this  anymore I'd rather die than go through panic and withdrawal.

I'm stuck at 20 mg valium and I have no clue how to get off, I made a  start got to 18mg but back to 20mg I go because it's to hard.

Edit: Removed profanity.

Hey  :)

really sorry you are having a tough time  :(

How did you taper down from 20mg to 18mg? Did you do it slowly. Are you on any other meds to help the withdrawals?

I know its difficult mate, I am on diazepam aswell, just managed to get down to 2mg from 20mg, its taken 18 months of hell but you have to stay strong and try and see the light at the end of the tunnel. You can do this  :)

Hope things improve for you  :)

I'm on Zoloft 100mg I tapered the 20mg over 2 weeks 18 and then felt  and took extra, I do have some pregabalin if that's any help? Me and the wife are thinking 19mg for two weeks then carry on dropping 1mg off every 2 weeks.

We are now not leaving any drugs in the house other than my morning dose and then my wife will give me my night dose. I dunno, stopped drinking alcohol got addiction to this

I'm on Zoloft 100mg I tapered the 20mg over 2 weeks 18 and then felt shitty and took extra, I do have some pregabalin if that's any help? Me and the wife are thinking 19mg for two weeks then carry on dropping 1mg off every 2 weeks.

We are now not leaving any drugs in the house other than my morning dose and then my wife will give me my night dose. I dunno, stopped drinking alcohol got addiction to this shit.

Yeah sounds like you dropped to quick mate, 2mg in 2 weeks. You are better doing a slower taper to try to hold back the withdrawals. Go to 19mg then wait 2 weeks and then go 1mg every 2-3 weeks  :) everyone is different when tapering down but if the withdrawals are bad slow down mate, don't rush it.

I am on pregabalin, when I lost my shit last year as I dropped to quick I found the drug helped me with panic attacks and anxiety. But the issue with the is its another drug to be dependant on, but at the time I lost the plot and needed something. I tried various antidepressants and they just drove my tinnitus mental so pregabalin was the option I took. I am on 225 in the morning and evening and 75mg midday. It has helped me but I am no doctor fella so it may or may not help you as you are already on an antidressant.

Yeah good idea try and hold yourself from taking extra and as I said slow your taper down fella. Yeah stay away from the booze, that won't help.

If it helps I tapered from 20mg, I did 1mg every 2-3weeks from 20mg got down to 6mg then did 0.5mg from 6mg to 2mg every 3 weeks. I am now down to 2mg and will use scales to dry micro taper then get off this shit for good.

I still get bad withdrawals but just try and think I will get off this shit soon and then I can start over again  :)

You can do this fella it just takes time, don't rush it.  ;)

Sorry for the struggle. Finishing my second taper and from my experiences,  I would recommend getting a solid plan together before jumping in. Easier to stay the course. Please involve the spouse so that they can learn what to expect as well.

Suggest you look at the the Ashton Manual if unfamiliar.  Developed by Dr. Heather Ashton of the UK who ran a Benzo withdrawal clinic. Gives a set schedule of tapering at 2 week drops. You can always go slower. https://www.benzo.org.uk/manual/

Please consult the tapering board as they have multiple methods to offer.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=163.0

There is also an alternative therapy/ supplement board to discuss other things that could help ease symptoms. I have posted a lot about key supplements to help. You can query under member name to read.

Regarding prcegablin: IMO, not a great idea. You already have two players on the field and PG has many psychological side effects. My first taper with Valium was because of horrible WD from PG. * Some people claim no big issues when coming off it. Up to you.

It can be done. There will be ups and downs, but the forum has a lot of free information where you can check your symptoms against others' experiences.

Welcome to BB. Congratulations on the start of your journey.

Yeah I think I went to fast, I'm far to impatient, I want off now

Will slow it down see how it goes, starting from tomorrow

Might give a dose of pregabalin a go see if it helps, looks like this may take a while. Dam feel so stupid. Can't remember all at the moment. Thanks for your reply 👍

I understand. I'm feeling pretty rough myself right now. I hope you feel better. I'm holding for awhile until I stabilize. I hope you get some relief and start to feel better. I'm sure you will.

I understand. I'm feeling pretty rough myself right now. I hope you feel better. I'm holding for awhile until I stabilize. I hope you get some relief and start to feel better. I'm sure you will.

Yeah sucks, even having to own up to my doctor felt horrible, but at least there helping. I was down to 4mg in January doctor cut me off told me to just stop, had withdrawals and has to go elsewhere. Now there helping me stop, makes no sence.

Yeah sucks, even having to own up to my doctor felt horrible, but at least there helping. I was down to 4mg in January doctor cut me off told me to just stop, had withdrawals and has to go elsewhere. Now there helping me stop, makes no fucking sence.

What a tosser, getting you to just stop at 4mg. Some doctors have no clue when it comes to benzo tapering  >:(.

Glad you found some help mate, some doctors are better than others, but good to see you have found a good doctor.

Slow down your taper and as mentioned get a plan into place and stay focused.

You can do this  :)

I'm on Zoloft 100mg I tapered the 20mg over 2 weeks 18 and then felt shitty and took extra, I do have some pregabalin if that's any help? Me and the wife are thinking 19mg for two weeks then carry on dropping 1mg off every 2 weeks.

We are now not leaving any drugs in the house other than my morning dose and then my wife will give me my night dose. I dunno, stopped drinking alcohol got addiction to this shit.

If you need to go more slowly than that then do so.

Some ppl find micro tapering - cutting 0.001 of pill weight every day or too less hard on the system.

Just got my first laugh in a while, contacted my doctor he said I'll give you 15mg for 2 weeks then 10mg for 2weeks then 10mg to 1mg in 1mg drops. I told him has he read a valium taper manual lately. I said I want 19mg for 2 weeks

And I want to drop 1mg every 2 weeks, he just said ok. Haha ha

Just got my first laugh in a while, contacted my doctor he said I'll give you 15mg for 2 weeks then 10mg for 2weeks then 10mg to 1mg in 1mg drops. I told him has he read a valium taper manual lately. I said I want 19mg for 2 weeks

And I want to drop 1mg every 2 weeks, he just said ok. Haha ha

wtf yeah thats to quick mate. Dropping 10mg in 4 weeks. Good call, your doctor aint got a clue.  :(  lucky you came on here otherwise your doctor would have put you in right trouble  >:(

Nice work, good luck with your taper  :)