My Turtle Journey

[Tu...]

Hello all.  I've been a member for a while and decided to post here.  For personal reasons, I'm deciding to step back from some things in my life.. and this is one of them.  BB has been a huge source of support for me... and I see so many others here trying to find their way, in pain and struggling.  I haven't interacted much but it's been helpful to have a safe place to vent and get things out of my brain.  For right now though, I need to step back and not have this be something my day revolves around.

ANYWAYS, my thoughts:

- My "success story" is that I've come through almost 4 years of this and I'm still alive and still hopeful for my future.  I would say I am 80% recovered.

- I've detailed alot of history in my progress log, see link below, and don't want to repeat it here.

- "Healing" is defined differently for everybody.  I don't believe I will ever be able to go back to doing whatever I want, take whatever I want, and not have it affect me.  In fact, I don't want to.

- I've learned so much on this journey.  How to take care of myself.  How to let go of other people's stuff.  How to be my own "Dearest Friend".  Thank you Baylissa!

- The whole mental health industry, and medication prescribing in general, is so driven by money and false advertising to the general public.  I am no longer a "sheep".  I will be the only one to watch out for me.  I am in charge of me, no one else.

- I am ok.  The symptoms are just that.. symptoms.  They are my nervous system trying to heal, nothing more.  I am not crazy.  I am not broken.  At my worst, when I can only curl up and cry.. I am still ok.  I can't fix it... I can only wait it out, comfort myself as best I can, and trust that my body is doing what it needs to move forward.

-Advice: Patience; Lots of self care; Know your symptoms.. observe them but don't fight, debate, argue, or listen too closely; Acceptance (VERY hard and takes time); Find what ever works, day by day.

Thanks Turtle.... all really good points and I totally agree... such a process and so much to learn about self care.  Bay;issa was a life saver with all this for me too

I wish you all the best  with your continued healing

MiYu :smitten:

congrats, love the advice. many are looking for the instant miracle. I know I was. this is great advice.

Prayers for you and continued healing.

J

Congratulations to you!  Your wise words will go far in terms of helping those still in the process. We love it when people are ready to step away and live the life they choose, the one that works for them.

My best to you.

pianogirl