Author Topic: Day 9 holding and still another panic attack at night and dizzy - Need Help!  (Read 269 times)

[Buddie]

Thank you. In your experience, how long does it normally take to stabilize on a dose. I know the micro taper probably led to a cascade of symptoms once my brain realized what I was doing, but I have been on 3.5 mg for 9 days. Is it unreasonable for me to expect to be stabilized given the micro taper prior?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Youíre welcome.  I wish I could give you an answer but you are the only one who can determine this.  It depends on the individual, the properties of the benzodiazepine, how the individual processes that benzodiazepine ... as well as other factors. 

I have zippo experience with diazepam but have read it takes about 2 weeks for this particular benzodiazepine to reach steady state.  This suggests to me (and let me remind you that, like all BenzoBuddies, I am peer and a layperson, not an expert) that you might want to wait at least two weeks before doing a ďsymptom checkĒ (i.e., have your symptoms stabilized/become tolerable enough for you to consider making another reduction?).

If you have not already done so, might I encourage you to visit the Valium/Diazepam Support Group?  Reading through past posts to that thread might be helpful plus you can ask your ďtime to stabilizeĒ question there.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Thank you for the support benzo buddy. Appreciate it.

[Buddie]

You are most welcome, [...].  I am sending all best wishes your way for a smooth and successful taper.

[Buddie]

I clearly remember this time last year wondering if Iíd ever get to the finish line as far as tapering. It was far from an easy road but I kept telling myself I would get there.  21 days off and Iím far from out of the woods, but it is so freeing to know Iím no longer prisoner to another pill. Granted, I have two ADís to taper, but Iím giving myself a long break and the difference now, is that Iím always one day closer to healing.
Youíll get there!  Be well!

[Buddie]

[...], thank you for the kind words. Congratulations on being Benzo free. How long did it take you to stabilize between cuts?