Dry Micro Taper Diazepam

[Pl...]

Hi guys  :)

I have currently just reduced my dose from 2.5mg to 2mg of diazepam last week. I have been lowering my dose every 3 weeks by 0.5mg, but now I have got down to 2mg I am worried that going from 2mg to 1.5mg maybe to much of a leap. I already have withdrawals anxiety, body aches, feeling distant etc. I originally started on 20mg 18 months ago and its been a slow process but getting there  :)

I have had a look at micro tapering and feel it would be a good choice  :) I want to do dry tapering. I have just bought some digital scales to help me and watched a video I found on here, which has helped me to work out what to do:

Just seeing if anyone on here has some more advice or help please.

With the tablets the guy says they all weight slightly different (I haven't got my digital scales yet). Just trying to get my head around it lol the withdraws aren't helping atm  :-[. If the average weight of a 2mg tablet is say 0.170g, and then another pill weighs 0.175g , is that pill (0.175g) more than 2mg of diazepam? Do I need to take off 0.005g to make the tables equal in weight and strength of diazepam?

He reduced 0.003g every day and that was equal to 1mg every 28 days, has anyone else had experience doing this? Was thinking of doing it slower 0.002G a day, so 2mg will take 85 days

Thank you and any help appreciated  :)

Plasticman

Hi,

I did it, however, my pills were also a little different in weight. What I did was assume every pill was .170, not sure if that’s the best approach, as I am now holding. I would say listen to your body. I did .001 a day and it caught up to once I got to 3.5.

Hi,

I did it, however, my pills were also a little different in weight. What I did was assume every pill was .170, not sure if that’s the best approach, as I am now holding. I would say listen to your body. I did .001 a day and it caught up to once I got to 3.5.

thanks for the advice  :)

Yeah totally agree, I seeing how my withdraws are on each drop.

I think I will go down the route of weighing the tablets and then reducing by 1/8th of the total weight on a full pill every 2-3weeks, depending on how I feel  :)

Yeah just stick at it, we can do it  ;)

Hi there!

Congrats on all your success, although I know it does not feel that way.  I'm a tad ahead of you with the taper and approaching the 1mg mark.  My rate of taper was fairly similar to yours, but when I got down to 2.5mg tapering it got too difficult to cut every two weeks.  Found this link and I followed this custom plan to taper.    http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I decrease dosage everyday (instead of every two weeks, and I seem to be doing well with more windows than waves.  I will hold only if I have something important on my schedule and want to be more clear headed, but typically do not hold any more.  I have attempted to move a bit faster than taper suggests, but warning I do get bad symptoms.  I'm so anxious to get off.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Best. of luck!

Hi there!

Congrats on all your success, although I know it does not feel that way.  I'm a tad ahead of you with the taper and approaching the 1mg mark.  My rate of taper was fairly similar to yours, but when I got down to 2.5mg tapering it got too difficult to cut every two weeks.  Found this link and I followed this custom plan to taper.    http://benzo.alwaysdata.net/

I decrease dosage everyday (instead of every two weeks, and I seem to be doing well with more windows than waves.  I will hold only if I have something important on my schedule and want to be more clear headed, but typically do not hold any more.  I have attempted to move a bit faster than taper suggests, but warning I do get bad symptoms.  I'm so anxious to get off.  Let me know if you have any questions.  Best. of luck!

Hey  :)

thank you for the reply.  :)

Well done you are doing great, 1mg you are nearly there, great work. ;)

How are you taper, dry or wet and what amount are you dropping by per day?

I am planning on going from 2mg to 1.75mg then 1.5mg etc, decrease every 2-3 weeks by 1/8 of the total weight of the pill. Hopefully that will keep me more stable. Think if I go from 2mg to 1.5mg it may be to much for me.

Hi there!

I am planning on going from 2mg to 1.75mg then 1.5mg etc, decrease every 2-3 weeks by 1/8 of the total weight of the pill. Hopefully that will keep me more stable. Think if I go from 2mg to 1.5mg it may be to much for me.

Bob7 is by far the best person to ask regarding dry tapering. He's here on BB's, so maybe check into that. Good luck too! :)

Hi there!

Bob7 is by far the best person to ask regarding dry tapering. He's here on BB's, so maybe check into that. Good luck too! :)

ok thank you  :thumbsup: much appreciated  :)