Anyone else get anxious reading about anxiety?

[Em...]

It's so helpful to find a group of people with the same anxieties and worries that I have. When I was young, a big panic point for me was feeling like I was "the only person in the world" who was anxious.

But, I also start getting anxious when I read many of these entries. Power of suggestion I think. Or maybe it's the feeling of looking straight in the face at something I've tried to hide from for so long.

Does anyone else ever get anxious on here?

Honestly, we're so oversensitized in Benzo withdrawal our anxiety is easily triggered.  I think it would be easy to become anxious about being anxious. 

Even if you've read this piece it's worth returning to again and again:

What's happening inside your brain 

I read it many times earlier in withdrawal.  It helps explain why our anxiety can skyrocket in withdrawal.  Anxiety in benzo withdrawal is a whole other beast than plain old anxiety.  Like many others, mine was off the charts - at 9 months off my anxiety has become much less of an issue. 

Healing happens - it takes time, but it happens!

Brighterday  :)

I agree with Brighterday. I also feel that because we've taken drugs to calm the system down, all hell breaks loose when we get off the drug, leaving us even more anxious than before benzos. What goes down must come up is what I'm always thinking. Other drugs can cause the same problems, so be careful of what other drugs, if any, you put into your body. For instance, I'm on a bp drug that causes unbelievable anxiety, and for me it's very difficult to get off of.

That was a great read, thank you so much. It was such a nice perspective changer.

I have to take something for bp too, i''m not sure if it effects me or not. lol

I also have to take a big dose of meds for hypothyroidism. And I take something for depression, which Im not going to mess with right now. 1 thing at a time seems like a good idea.

1 thing at a time seems like a good idea.

Absolutely - our systems are coping with enough right now - we need time to heal and recover from benzos before considering tapering from another medication.  :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi  I am 7 months free now and still the daily anxiety is there,  and yes I get more even more anxious reading about anxiety but mostly because I see others have lost their anxiety at this stage and I am stuck with it still going at full power

I started with anxiety and now I have withdrawal  anxiety added to it which  is so intense, 

Each day I hope and pray will be the day it starts to ease off,

Surely one day it will, when the brain is ready 

I tend to feel a little less anxious when I am reassured that this quite normal at 7 months off, , 

Anxiety likes definites  to calm it and there is no such thing in withdrawal from benzo's etc

• Popular Now

• [Lo...]