Lost the will to post

[Ma...]

Probably not big news that some of us are finding it increasingly useless to post on our experiences during your taper This is not aimed at any lack of posters in particular, just a kind of indifference too it all Part of it is that I have posted to a lot of what is happening also getting close to the end and maybe it just becomes going through the motions at this point

Hi Green Cup Yes thanks for the message. My mind and psyche seem pretty good but I am having fairly significant physical issues. I am excited about getting off and at least giving myself the chance to recover. I am also pretty happy I can be in good spirits at this level of problems, but it gets worrisome that if things get worse or continue like this forever it will wear me down Maybe not

I've read some other members who say that the physical symptoms are the last to leave, I'm glad you've had some relief from the mental symptoms. 

You started this thread on the Chewing the Fat board, talking about the will to post, can you expand on your thoughts, is it because you're just sick of it all or is it because you don't feel supported?

For me, the physical symptoms were the last to leave.  I had all the symptoms at the start, but the muscle and nerve pain persisted for much longer than I would have liked. Little by little it did ease up and finally disappear.

You are so close to benzo freedom, good for you!

PG  :smitten:

Hey Matt,

You must be posting in the withdrawl (taper) section maybe? Cuz I don't see your posts, prob cuz I hang around the CT rapid, and post withdrawal boards mostly since I didn't really taper.

Maybe I should visit some of the other ones!

I know how awful the physical symptoms are. I had a few mental ones in the beginning)acute, but they went away first....physical just kept going.

You are almost done with taper, don't be surprised if the physical gets just a little more after you are done, maybe not, some people's get better when off pretty quick. But if it lasts for a bit .....I know you can do it!! You will feel like you just can't take another second of nerve pain or numbness or fatigue. I am not sure how we endure it, but we DO! I still take low dose amitriptyline for the nerve pain, but I have made significant progress! I am now 12 months off! Still have some nerve stuff and low level tinnitus, but I am living a life and happy. I have not changed my dosage of amitriptyline since I started taking and couldn't walk, so I have not done anything different since then. It just keeps getting better with time.

:smitten: