Exercise triggers symptoms

[Oc...]

Anyone get serious repercussions for exercising? Anything more than a walk or stretch and I’m in agony for days/weeks

Yes, that is why I am careful to not push myself too hard.  I was going to a gym before covid hit, but it was agony for me.  So now that the weather is nice, I take walks and hikes and find it much more enjoyable—in fact I look forward to it.

I also do a 15min stretching routine in the morning for my back.  That’s about all I can really handle. 

Wow, I did not know this. I'm glad this has been brought up. I sometimes do okay with some exercise but I've also noticed that I can get hit with bad symptoms after exercise. I didn't even realize it was a possible sx. Good to know!

Yes exercise is a no no for me! Even a ambitious sex session with my wife will leave me buzzing, vibrating like I'm plugged into a socket for the day not to mention jelly legs afterwards that can barely support my weight.

Exercise increases cortisol, a normal hormone that tends to rise during prolonged/intense stress. Cortisol is responsible for helping you to wake in the morning and in WD can be the cause of the "morning jitters."

The adrenals get hits from the lack of GABA, so the cortisol can fluctuate from too high to too low.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/86687-exercise-cortisol-levels/

Listen to your body and go slowly. Unlike other times, pushing forward with exercise in WD is detrimental. You might want to look at supportive things: Vitamin C is very helpful to the adrenals. Ashwaganda can help stabilize the thyroid. Licorice root short term also supports adrenals.

Hope that helps.

@[oc...]

Pretty well for only being four months off.  I sleep well most nights which is something I never thought would happen.  The worst symptoms are tinnitus and burning skin.  I also have a rash on my chest and neck that flares up when a wave hits.

But all of these are manageable.  I would like more energy, but I know that it will take more healing.  I’m so glad I got off these drugs.  The fight is worth it.

I can’t wait to be off. I get servere tendon or muscle pain when I do things ! So frustrating!! Well here goes yesterday 0.98 mg and cutting again

Just take your time oceandude, you can do it.  It’s difficult and very frustrating at times but worth the effort.

So I am now really experiencing "activity intolerance" more so than say last month. This is a problem as most of my "distraction" activities are more less physical in nature. Even my part time work is physical. So I'm readjusting by super duper pacing myself. I'm a hands on kinda gal so this is very frustrating. But frustration is better than being in a wave so I will have to make some changes I guess:)

All that to say I can relate ;)