Blood sugar

[st...]

Has anyone had issues with blood sugar linked to withdrawal?

I’m having some crazy symptoms after eating. Blurred vision etc.

I’ve had my blood taken and am awaiting the Results.

Am fearful that if I have developed diabetes, I won’t be able to tolerate the meds as I am so beyond sensitive.

Has anyone got any experience with this in wd?

I've not had blood sugar problems related to benzos withdrawal, but I had bad hypoglycemia as a kid. I can remember lying on my bed and crying uncontrollably from crushing depression without any apparent cause. It was so traumatic that I can remember the details of the whole room vividly almost 20 years later. I do not know what mechanism benzos might use to knock your metabolism off, but I can say that what worked for me was shifting my diet to fiber, fat, and protein, away from sugar (including fruit) and starch. Combine this with plenty of exercise, sunshine, and perhaps some cold showers. From what I've read in the Ashton Manual, you probably want to hold your dosage steady until your blood sugar normalizes.

• 4 weeks later...

That sounds to me like withdrawal. We get all sorts of symptoms after eating. I used to get severe heart palps after eating but didnt mean I was having a heart attack or that my blood pressure went up. I used to test it and BP was normal.

After eating- its not the food but the process of eating that ramps up symptoms sometimes. Glad your getting a test but what you've described is so common in withdrawal.

I had loads of blood sugar tests and in the end it all came back normal

Shania

• 2 weeks later...

My blood sugar has gone up. I was diagnosed this week with diabetes and wanted to know if it could happen from withdrawal

I had low blood sugar in the morning. I dreaded mornings. Add increased cortisol levels and anxiety about facing the day. It was hard to get out of bed. It got better over time.

• 2 weeks later...

Withdrawal can have some impact on blood sugar. Everything is off in withdrawal . Some maybe more predisposed than others . I did have one high reading then it settled.

Change up your diet - see if it helps

Shania

Has anyone had issues with blood sugar linked to withdrawal?

I’m having some crazy symptoms after eating. Blurred vision etc.

I’ve had my blood taken and am awaiting the Results.

Am fearful that if I have developed diabetes, I won’t be able to tolerate the meds as I am so beyond sensitive.

Has anyone got any experience with this in wd?

Yes, there have definitely been people who have gotten this in withdrawal. I believe it's a symptom of benzo wd as too many people have problems with blood sugar. If you do a search using "bloodsugar," one word, you can see questions and answers about it.