Burning skin

[Pe...]

Looking to see if anyone with severe and consistent skin burning has healed from this. It’s unfortunately my worse symptom and it’s rare to hear from people who say this has gone away for them. Mine started from the very beginning of tapering and has continued on.

Not sure why this was moved here. I am not still tapering...I posted this in the support groups because I would like to talk to other people with burning skin.... but ok????

I am in WD and my burning skin comes and goes.  When all of my symptoms flare up, my burning skin intensifies.  I do not like this symptom at all.  Some people complain of a burning face and lips.  Mine is mostly my arms and legs.  When I'm having a good day, this burning goes away.  Think about changing your diet.  I have cut out all dairy, bread, sugar and caffien.

I’m four months out and the burning skin is still present.  Typically, when a wave hits I get tinnitus first, then burning skin the next day.  Lately it has moved and I notice the tops of my feet burning.

I also still have a rash on my chest and around my neck.

My burning comes and goes. More so in a wave. and more so in my torso. In month one it was in my face though - haven't had that since.

Like any symptom..it will eventually fade - thats what I remind myself  :smitten:

Thank you all for your replies. I am over a year out and the face burning is almost constant. I do have very very short windows but there is not a day that goes by that it doesn’t burn. It’s very red and inflamed and I have tried cutting out caffeine, dairy, gluten. Even tried low histamine. Nothing has seemed to put a dent it in. I have read about facial neuropathy and I’m sure that’s what the benzos caused. I am hoping it will heal with time. I just haven’t been able to find anyone who healed from severe burning

:-(. I hope you all find relief soon! 

I’ve burned everyday since last October it’s getting worse now that I’m 4 weeks away from stopping gabapentin. Started during the rapid clonazepam. It’s worse in the hot weather. Have horrible heat in tolerance. Can’t take the sun or hot water. Worst is legs and neck. I wear pajama bottoms due to clothes hurting

I’ve burned everyday since last October it’s getting worse now that I’m 4 weeks away from stopping gabapentin. Started during the rapid clonazepam. It’s worse in the hot weather. Have horrible heat in tolerance. Can’t take the sun or hot water. Worst is legs and neck. I wear pajama bottoms due to clothes hurting

I’m so sorry. I know you’re one of the ones I’ve seen on here suffering the same burning. I really hope this goes away. I started singulair two weeks ago hoping it would help allergies. Instead I think it triggered something awful. I am dizzy, panicking like I use to in early withdrawals and my skin is extra on fire. Almost unbearable. :-(

I did find something that helps 24 hour Claritin, combined with maximum strength Pepcid AC takes about three days to notice a difference

I did find something that helps 24 hour Claritin, combined with maximum strength Pepcid AC takes about three days to notice a difference

It stops the burning? Or just the rash? Or both?

A nice bath helps me relieve the symptoms.  In the early days after jumping I took one daily.

I used an oatmeal bath powder when symptoms were really bad, but my favorite is lavender as it makes me feel so relaxed.

I can certainly relate. I was taking Gabapentin for awahile before I started tapering because my doctor was convinced it was a "sensory processing disorder" , then it was thought to be fibromyalgia. I had to figure out on my own that it was obviosuly the meds I was on (doctors are so ill prepared to deal with benzo issues I swear).

Anyway, for me it is mostly my chest and arms. IT feels like a sunburn 24/7 and unless I wear something light like a tank top or soft fabric , my skin is on fire. I am currently down to the last 2 months of my taper (after almost 9 months) and it has gotten slightly worse. Thankfully I live somewhere warm where wearing a tank top all the time is no big deal. Taknig baths and swimming is helpful. But I would love to heear any other suggestions. IT SUCKS. 

Also, buying shirts that are mostly nylon (dress shirts from Express for instance) help me a lot compared to most cotton blends.

I hear you.  In the early days I would wear nothing but loose yoga pants and oversized t shirt.  No underwear.

It hurt to have anything near my skin.  Nowadays, I’m fine.  When I get a wave it will flare up, but not as intense as before.