Autism and benzo brain damage

[Be...]

The mailman told me his son got autism after getting vaccinated.  I asked him if his son is sensitive to light and sound and he said that he was.  He also said that he tried to cut his hair and his son got upset since he's sensitive to touch too.  He also said that his son is good at video games and I told him that getting on the computer calms me down too a bit.  There are many similarities between autism and benzo drug brain damage.  Just wanted to share what I realized today. 

I have something like severe sensory processing disorder in WD.

Had aspects of it from ME/CFS before Benzos.

The link is glutamate.

I told the mailman with the autistic son that I think it's an autoimmune response and too much glutamate too.

[24...]

The mailman told me his son got autism after getting vaccinated.  I asked him if his son is sensitive to light and sound and he said that he was.  He also said that he tried to cut his hair and his son got upset since he's sensitive to touch too.  He also said that his son is good at video games and I told him that getting on the computer calms me down too a bit.  There are many similarities between autism and benzo drug brain damage.  Just wanted to share what I realized today.

Perhaps the damaged neurons  caused by the benzos

"mimic" the damage for some people, similar to  that which

people with autism live with from birth

however it is temporary damage different in many people

and perhaps just one or two or three  temporary malfunctions

in the wiring in the brain as we heal

as opposed to permanent  brain wiring in people on the spectrum

https://www.historyofvaccines.org/content/articles/do-vaccines-cause-autism

from the link above

the possibility of a link between MMR and autism was studied exhaustively by Wakefield.

No reputable, relevant study confirmed Wakefield’s findings;

instead, many well-designed studies

have found no link between MMR

and bowel disease or MMR and autism.[6],[14]

On January 6, 2011, the BMJ published a report by Brian Deer,

a British journalist who had previously reported on flaws in Wakefield’s work.

For this new report, Deer spoke with parents of children from the retracted study

and found evidence that Wakefield committed research fraud by falsifying data

about the children’s conditions.[20]

many links debunking this on the internet.

https://www.publichealth.org/public-awareness/understanding-vaccines/vaccine-myths-debunked/

Today, the true causes of autism remain a mystery, but to the discredit of the autism-vaccination link theory, several studies have now identified symptoms of autism in children well before they receive the MMR vaccine.

And even more recent research provides evidence that autism develops in utero,

well before a baby is born or receives vaccinations.

Jenny McCarthy said her son got autism after his vaccine and so did my mailman.  Many parents are convinced that vaccines cause autism.  Many of those studies are funded by the vaccine companies so of course they will say there is no link.  Vaccines are big money makers.  Maybe they give them to the babies when they are too young?  Mailman said that his other 3 kids got the vaccines when they were older and are ok and his son got the vaccine when he was very young.  Maybe the vaccine doses these autistic kids get are contaminated or something is wrong with them?  I know it can happen because I got some prescription thyroid pills once that were contaminated and I got hives for two weeks until I stopped them and got new ones.   

Jenny McCarthy said her son got autism after his vaccine and so did my mailman.  Many parents are convinced that vaccines cause autism.  Many of those studies are funded by the vaccine companies so of course they will say there is no link.  Vaccines are big money makers.  Maybe they give them to the babies when they are too young?  Mailman said that his other 3 kids got the vaccines when they were older and are ok and his son got the vaccine when he was very young.  Maybe the vaccine doses these autistic kids get are contaminated or something is wrong with them?  I know it can happen because I got some prescription thyroid pills once that were contaminated and I got hives for two weeks until I stopped them and got new ones. 

Conspiracy theories are not allowed here on the forum.  There is absolutely no proof that the children you speak of became autistic as a result of a vaccine.  Any more comments like this will cause this thread to be locked.

pianogirl

I had a friend who has a severely autistic son.

She told me it was genetic her husbands cousin had an autistic son also.

Hes grown now and lives in a group home. I also have a cousin who is autistic.

Except for light sensitity I don't see a lot in common with it and w/d.

We can talk. Even in WD.  autistic ppl can't talk/communicate.

I have alot of trouble talking now since I got off the pills.  I also have the walking and gait problems that autistics have.  I never talked much even as a kid so maybe I have the genes for being autistic.  Every symptoms I asked the mailman about about his son he said, "yes," to.  They were the symptoms I have and not something I read about.

Found the reason why my symptoms are similar to those with autism.  Research article says they found a 149% increase in the anti-beta2 glycoprotein 1 autoantibody in those with autism.  I've got the same high autoantibody in my body when I got a blood test by the Rheumatologist in 2012.  I believe my symptoms are drug-induced Lupus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3794552/   

I have alot of trouble talking now since I got off the pills.  I also have the walking and gait problems that autistics have.  I never talked much even as a kid so maybe I have the genes for being autistic.  Every symptoms I asked the mailman about about his son he said, "yes," to.  They were the symptoms I have and not something I read about.

Found the reason why my symptoms are similar to those with autism.  Research article says they found a 149% increase in the anti-beta2 glycoprotein 1 autoantibody in those with autism.  I've got the same high autoantibody in my body when I got a blood test by the Rheumatologist in 2012.  I believe my symptoms are drug-induced Lupus.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3794552/ 

What is the point of this discussion?  It's possible to find many diseases and conditions that mimic benzo withdrawal. 

If you mention that test results point to your symptoms being the result of lupus, why compare your symptoms to people who have autism.

Maybe this is my way of trying to find out what happened to me after I got off the benzo's because something is seriously wrong with me now.  I go to the docs and they can't find anything really wrong with me, but I know for certain something is very very wrong.  I look for other diseases and stuff where there are similiar symptoms and similar abnormal tests.  I'm just looking for answers and an explanation as to what is wrong with me and why I'm so sick every day now.  What's wrong with trying to explore and figure out what's happened to me?

Maybe this is my way of trying to find out what happened to me after I got off the benzo's because something is seriously wrong with me now.  I go to the docs and they can't find anything really wrong with me, but I know for certain something is very very wrong.  I look for other diseases and stuff where there are similiar symptoms and similar abnormal tests.  I'm just looking for answers and an explanation as to what is wrong with me and why I'm so sick every day now.  What's wrong with trying to explore and figure out what's happened to me?

Exploring reasons for why you're so ill is fine Becksblue but that's not the way you approached this thread, you delved into conspiracy theories linked to the anti-vax movement and we don't allow those discussions on BenzoBuddies. 

I had symptoms of autism, while on benzos and gabapentinoids, along with other meds. My sister kept insisting I had autism, which really upset me at the time, while I plead with my family that it was caused by benzos. I was so far gone that I didn't even realize she was drunk all the time. My family didn't believe me or thought I was delusional when I kept telling them it's the benzos. The frustrating part at the time was, after over 30 years of not showing symptoms of autism (before I was on benzos and other meds), it only took about a year of displaying these autistic symptoms for my sister to think I've always had it, which I found really upsetting. I kept talking in loops and was stuck on that one subject, which was benzos. At the time, I couldn't talk about anything else. I literally would never talk about anything else AT ALL, partly because my family would not validate my symptoms. It is easier today for them to see the differences but they still don't really realize what was going on. I don't think it is possible for our family and friends to actually know what is happening unless they put in the effort to educate themselves. I shouldn't say that they didn't recognize anything though. How could they have not when it was so obvious. I was a different person on benzos. They just didn't realize how powerful the condition was. It felt like a never ending bad trip. Autism involves abnormalities in glutamate and GABA signaling, so it is no surprise that some of the symptoms will be the same.

Yes.  Benzo damage and autism are both disorders of glutamate reception for sure.  1/2 dozen other things too.  IBS, PTSD, epilepsy. The list goes on.  But the commonality of food sensitivity and anxiety between autism and benzo damage is undeniable.

The vaccine thing is just misunderstood.  The autism was there.  The vaccine absolutely did not cause the autism.  Think about how we feel when we get "triggered."  We ate some rice or spinach or whatever your own personal demons are.  That is what the vaccine does to the autistic child.  It is simply a trigger that exacerbates symptoms for a short while until it is cleared.  Just like us. 

I know a flu shot revs the crap out of me personally for a few days.  I think it has either free glutamate or free glutamine.  I just learned that a few years ago they developed a flu shot for the sensitive.  I am going to look into that this fall.

Ram

I'm not sure if it is damage exactly when you get autistic symptoms. It could just be symptoms of being on benzos and reaching the point of interdose wd because all those extreme symptoms went away as I lowered the dosages. Most of the symptoms I described were caused by being on large amounts of benzos and them not working anymore. The akathisia and racing thoughts, along with the cognitive impairments from that and being on lots of gabapentin and phenibut made my brain confused. There was probably some damage too. No way to really know how much. Once benzos stop working, neurons over fire which can cause damage over time. I did myself a favor by taking phenibut, gabapentin, memantine and Suboxone because it did calm my brain down. I really do not know how bad it could have been because I was an extreme case. I would have ended up in a worse situation than MaizeNBlue81 if I quit CT I think considering that I was born with symptoms of ADD and OCD. I naturally produce less GABA than normal so I needed to go down that road of polydrugged to save my brain from the glutamate storm. The extra meds made some of my symptoms worse and probably caused some damage themselves while on it and while trying to come off but no where near as bad as benzos.

There is something about the GABA A receptors that are particularly sensitive to not letting glutamate destroy the CNS. My only regret is not taking an AMPA antagonist. I think I may have indirectly blocked some though. I noticed taking aniracetam once in the morning with coffee helped me feel better while tapering. Very small dosages though. It modulates the AMPA receptors in a positive way possibly. The way you know is if it makes you feel better. That is the ultimate test to know if a therapy or supplement is working and it is as simple as that. Tianeptine was also helpful in low dosages. It isn't worth tapering benzos with no rx meds or supplements to help if you can tolerate them. This is my opinion but I believe it to be a fact. The only issue is getting dependent on something else that is just as bad as the benzos themselves but I found gabapentinoids to not be the case in my experience. I can't believe how bad it was coming off benzos. Not many people probably remember how much I struggled but I'm surprised that I made it. I was in bad bad shape. So bad that my life now seems great in comparison. I'm not satisfied though. I need to work on myself. I'm still a drug addict and depend on substances to function. I want to get to a point where I can be sober by the grace of god or the universe.