Almost a month off atvian !

[De...]

I was only on it for 2 months but It was two months of hell. Had withdrawals in between doses and paradoxical effects from it never took more then prescribed though, I  didn’t know what was going on cause I have never withdrew from anything and none of the doctors I went too thought it was that at first until I went to a crisis psychiatrist who told me what was going on and withbthe help up my primary doctor I got off the meds.Well it will be a month this weekend and I am still going threw withdrawals not as bad as when i first started but still going through it. I am strong and hopeful for the road ahead

Hi Desertvibes-

Congratulations on a month! These milestones are so important because they help show us how strong we are.  It's also so good to know you have a month of healing behind you!

I'm so glad you found support from your doctors too!

:thumbsup:

Brighterday

Congratulations!

I'm so sorry you have had to go through all of this. Many moons ago I was prescribed xanax for about a week. I stopped taking it when the pills ran out and then a few days later I felt so much worse than I had before taking them. It's so hard to imagine how much misery these drugs can cause in such a short amount of time!

This happened to me before the internet (can you believe there was such a time?) and the prescribing doctor was clueless about withdrawal. I wish I had known that I should never take anything in this class of drugs again.

But after that run-in with the xanax, I had many, many great years, able to enjoy life to the fullest-- maybe moreso than before, because I never took my health for granted. I think the same will be true for you.

I used to live in Arizona, so I understand the Desert vibes! Stay cool!

Congratulations!  I’m at four months off of Ativan.  What a journey.

So glad you found a psychiatrist and doctor who could help you.  It makes all the difference.