Last dose Klonopin 6/9/20 ..

[a2...]

[a2...]

Hey BB crew,

After many years of Klonopin use, I took my last dose of Klonopin a week ago.  If you had asked me a year ago if I would be free of benzos in 2020, I would have said no way.  So even though this year has been a challenge in many ways, with Covid and quarantines and such, getting off benzos has been a real bright spot this year for me.

I tapered over 6.5 months and so far, I have had no withdrawl symptoms since stopping Klonopin.  I had symptoms early in my taper but they eased up about 2/3 of the way through and now I am doing well.  Yes, I do still have anxiety but that is the challenge I have been working on in the latter part of my taper ... dealing with life's issues without substances.  I actually feel better than I have in a very long time!

I am full of gratitude today about this new, good change in my life and I feel especially blessed to have gotten the information and support I needed to do this here at BenzoBuddies!

Best,

Kate    :smitten:

Congratulations on your benzo freedome Kate, you sound wonderful, I'm so happy you've made a fairly smooth landing so far.  :yippee:

[a2...]

Thank you Final healing.  I will hold the faith for you that you will arrive there also.  It certainly is a process ...

Best,

Wonderful news, Kate08! Thank you for sharing your success with tapering and getting off Klonopin. I wish you continued good health and stability in healing. It’s great for newbies to hear that tapering can be very effective in limiting the debilitating withdrawal off benzos!

[a2...]

Thank you TaterTot.  Yes, aside from enjoying my own healing, I do hope to share the news of recovery from benzo use to newbies!

Best,

Kate

Thank you TaterTot.  Yes, aside from enjoying my own healing, I do hope to share the news of recovery from benzo use to newbies!

Best,

Kate

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Hello Tater Tot (I apologize. Already forgot the last part...Benzo Brain is working like a charm!

Anyhow, I hope you don’t mind my teaching out to you, but I happened to see the word Wellbutrin in your profile, so read it all and you have given me hope. I was on 4 drugs prescribed by my former provider. I tapered off the Trileptal, with no problem as it was supposed to be a mood stab. (Misdiagnosed many years ago).  Great relief from brain fog, word retrieval problems. Then, I had to find a new provider since former had no idea how to safely get me off the Benzo and wouldn’t follow Ashton method. I found a new provider who is very supportive of my coming off these and couldn’t believe how long, and how much I had been on.  I told her I kept asking to come off of at least the Benzo and Trileptal and party line response was “we don’t have to fix what isn’t broken.”  Sure wish I would have documented all that...a friend, who is a lawyer, said she could have been liable under medical negligence, had I documented everything that went on and how she never looked other potential Med. Issues before Polly-drugging).  Turns out, I had severe PMDD, was making me suicidal and clinically depressed 7-10 days out of each month.  Still occurring on all these drugs until I found a good ob/gyn who put me on a low dose of estrogen and this completely ended it!  After 14 years on a Benzo and at least 20 on A/D. 

Anyhow, now I’m learning the AD should be tapered first, but I’m 11 days off Benzos and can’t ruminate on it.  I know I’ll need to wait some time before trying to taper, but I’m on Wellbutrin XL (450mg per day-highest dose) AND Vibryd (SSRI-fairly new) 40 mg per day. (Highest dose)

If you could give me any incite as to how it was tapering off Wellbutrin and other AD’s I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thank you...PS.  Is there a way I could have sent this message directly to you??

Hello Tater Tot (I apologize. Already forgot the last part...Benzo Brain is working like a charm!

Anyhow, I hope you don’t mind my teaching out to you, but I happened to see the word Wellbutrin in your profile, so read it all and you have given me hope. I was on 4 drugs prescribed by my former provider. I tapered off the Trileptal, with no problem as it was supposed to be a mood stab. (Misdiagnosed many years ago).  Great relief from brain fog, word retrieval problems. Then, I had to find a new provider since former had no idea how to safely get me off the Benzo and wouldn’t follow Ashton method. I found a new provider who is very supportive of my coming off these and couldn’t believe how long, and how much I had been on.  I told her I kept asking to come off of at least the Benzo and Trileptal and party line response was “we don’t have to fix what isn’t broken.”  Sure wish I would have documented all that...a friend, who is a lawyer, said she could have been liable under medical negligence, had I documented everything that went on and how she never looked other potential Med. Issues before Polly-drugging).  Turns out, I had severe PMDD, was making me suicidal and clinically depressed 7-10 days out of each month.  Still occurring on all these drugs until I found a good ob/gyn who put me on a low dose of estrogen and this completely ended it!  After 14 years on a Benzo and at least 20 on A/D. 

Anyhow, now I’m learning the AD should be tapered first, but I’m 11 days off Benzos and can’t ruminate on it.  I know I’ll need to wait some time before trying to taper, but I’m on Wellbutrin XL (450mg per day-highest dose) AND Vibryd (SSRI-fairly new) 40 mg per day. (Highest dose)

If you could give me any incite as to how it was tapering off Wellbutrin and other AD’s I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thank you...PS.  Is there a way I could have sent this message directly to you??

Hi Keep Moving Forward

I sent you a private message (PM) earlier today, just check your messages!

:thumbsup:

Hi Kate!!! Congratulations!!! I'm very very happy to know about your last Klonopin dose!!! Thank you for sharing!!

[a2...]

Hi all Buddies,

Here is my update:  I am 2+ weeks out from stopping Klonopin.  Overall I am doing very well.  The symptoms I had early in my taper have resolved for the most part.  My sleep is better than I imagined it would be and no waking up with nightmares any longer!

What I am doing now, and thank goodness I anticipated this (!), is focusing on learning to deal with life without using benzos or any other substance.  I had a rough day emotionally yesterday, got involved in a family issue that was stressful.  I called a good friend and we worked through it over the phone and I gradually felt better.  One thing was clear in my mind yesterday, though ... taking a benzo or any other substance was not an option so I needed to move on to the "next" thing.  I guess that is my message here:  as one nears the end of tapering, thinking about how to deal with life in healthy ways and without substances is crucial because "life" is going to happen no matter how much we wish it would wait until we are fully healed and on our feet.

Best and healing to all,

Kate,

Congrats! Your post grabbed my attention as I was on clonazepam for approx 18 years at dose from 2 to 4 mG. Around the 8 mo mark (Oct) I had a really good month with Nov I had a tough month but December was the best I had in years. In jan I was taking NyQuil for a cough, hole cow that put me back into the benzo w/d spin. Now, I am back to where I was in Oct and December....

Keep up the determination...best of success and be careful of what you take....

J

[a2...]

J Stone,

Thank you for the congrats.  I'm so sorry to hear you've had a downturn!  Yes, I am super cautious about what I take.  Goodness, I certainly don't want to slip backward after all the work I did getting off the benzo!

Best,

Kate    :thumbsup:

Kate,

Congrats! Your post grabbed my attention as I was on clonazepam for approx 18 years at dose from 2 to 4 mG. Around the 8 mo mark (Oct) I had a really good month with Nov I had a tough month but December was the best I had in years. In jan I was taking NyQuil for a cough, hole cow that put me back into the benzo w/d spin. Now, I am back to where I was in Oct and December....

Keep up the determination...best of success and be careful of what you take....

J

I had a flu last year and took NyQuil for to help me with the sinus symptoms and it really through me backwards, too. Some of us really cannot take anything because it will reignite or worsen our symptoms. I'm really hoping you improve soon.

So happy for you.  I have struggled, and am now 23 months benzo free but still having symptoms.  It is good to see that some people can get off after long term use with little or no problems.  Thank you for posting this, as people need to see that it can be done.  Good luck in the future, and in your life without benzos.

[a2...]

Marja2,

Thank you for you good wishes.  I hope for you that healing happens soon and you can get on with the life we all want after we let the benzos go.

Best,

Kate    :thumbsup:

Kate08,

Congratulations. I'm so excited for your smooth landing, it brings hope to my not so smooth withdrawal. Thanks for letting us know.