Does anyone else have Paresthesia, and bad Itching from withdrawal?

[no...]

I'm tapering form Diazepam and have Paresthesia, and bad Itching from withdrawal , tearing at my skin from the itching with it , and scratching myself raw does anyone have non drug remedies for it?

I'm too scared of drugs to try a anti histamine or anything of that nature as I'm hypersensitive, half a paracetamol did terrible things to me and that was a few year's ago after stopping all drugs except the Diazepam I'm tapering

Nova xxx :smitten: :smitten: :smitten:

Hi Nova

Is it internal or external itching that scratching does help? I’ve had both.

For external skin itching I slather my skin in Aquaphor or coconut oil. Aquaphor better on the face area as it doesn’t clog pores.

Also- I put a couple tbsp of coconut oil in my smoothies each morning and that seems to help. I can’t do omega3 supplements,  so I was also putting Barleans flaxseed oil in the smoothies, but I’m out and it has gotten sooo expensive. Also, I add a tsp or so of extra virgin olive oil.

Sometimes there’s just nothing that helps with the itching at all. But keeping skin exfoliated and heavily moisturized takes the edge off.

Nova-

For the paresthesia- massaging, movement and drink lots of water.

I’m sorry. I know they’re awful symptoms. I’ve scratched myself raw too.

The other problem is that we also suffer from Vagus nerve dysfunction in withdrawal as well  And check out that link next to’ ‘Food sensitivities/Allergies'' as well , read the whole article, especially under Common symptoms of food sensitivities   

I have practically all those symptoms as do many other Buddies all because our Vagus nerve is effed by withdrawal and the DAO enzyme  that breaks down histamines is blocked by Benzo's and the body can't cope with the over spill  of histamines on the rampage in withdrawal  :tickedoff:

Symptoms of Vagus nerve dysfunction

Gastrointestinal dysfunctions

Inflammatory conditions

Fatigue, brain fog, fibromyalgia

Sleep dysfunction

Delayed gastric emptying

GERD

Food sensitivities/ Allergies https://thrivinglifewithliezl.com/do-you-have-a-food-sensitivity/

B12 deficiency (inhibited intrinsic factor)

Depression

Behavioural disorders

Difficulty losing weight

Nova xxx  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: