Vibrations

[Yo...]

Sorry for my complain. The internal vibrations are hell. I sleep bad. I have bad dreams and  am sweating. I wake up a lot. I feel sick all the time. EspeciaIly in the morning. I can not believe this will stop. I am in my bed now crying for this torture. Is it all im my head ?That is what the psyhiatrist says. I am 3 months off xanax and antidepressive.

Bumping this post so one of the moderators will see it. I am not off the drug yet so I can't give you a timeline. But, when I do a reduction of the drug, I get internal tremors for a few days. I also have the burning sensations but they come and go. Hang in there. It takes time. 😊

Hi Yollie

Please don’t apologize for feeling sick.  We’re here to support you.  We understand. 

Trembling is a very unpleasant feeling, but it’s normal withdrawal.  All of the symptoms are.  I’m sorry you’re struggling.

Please know the symptoms will settle and fade away.  It’s not all in your head.  It’s your central nervous system trying to heal.  It’s working hard to find balance.  And it will.

If you can handle it, go sit outside.  Even walk a bit.  Take an epsom salt bath before bed.  Drink chamomile tea.  Don’t drink coffee for now. 

I’ve had all of these symptoms.  They go away.  I try to breathe through them and get as comfortable as possible.  Breathing in slow through nose count 4, out through mouth count 8.  Blow out like birthday candles.  This activates the vagus nerve.  Many withdrawals symptoms are due to an under active vagus nerve. 

Sending healing prayers. 

Every day i get dissapointed about my bad sleep and vibrations. They are also in my head now. I am now 3 and a half month off. Too early i think. I had some benzo at home. I throw them in the toilet.

Good Job throwing those horrible pills down the toilet.  I also have vibrations off and on in my legs.  It seems to follow meals that i eat especially if it is a food that my body is reacting to.  For example, I had eggs/butter...my legs started vibrating. 

Sorry for my complain. The internal vibrations are hell. I sleep bad. I have bad dreams and  am sweating. I wake up a lot. I feel sick all the time. EspeciaIly in the morning. I can not believe this will stop. I am in my bed now crying for this torture. Is it all im my head ?That is what the psyhiatrist says. I am 3 months off xanax and antidepressive.

Hi yollie

I had very bad internal vibrations especially bad in the early morning when my cortisol kicked in as it should naturally in the mornings to get you started . Unfortunately with the use of Benzodiazepines to artificially quell this and take over the the role of your Gaba system which activates to balance the cortisol release this has been switched off for awhile and i think this is what causes the vibrations and anxiety.  Are you finding that when you nap or sleep and first wake up your vibrations and anxiety are at there worse?

Mine continued throughout my withdrawel experience not always intense but they do go I can assure you. It is not you imagining anything . Many doctors especially psychiatrists do not want to admit this, as its usually them that have perscribed the medication in first place.  I had many health professionals including psychiatrists saying the same thing . I was lucky enough to find a very caring psychiatrist who read the Ashman Report and was completely in agreement with what was going on with me, a reaction to medication!!  but he is a rare breed.

I hope this eases some of your worries .

You will get better just hang on in there . Life will be better again for you .

Hi Yollie

I get all the symptoms you have mentioned, especially the vibrations, it feel like a low electric current is passing through my body 24/7. I am in tolerance withdrawal. I am sure these symptoms will pass as your body heals.

Best wishes

Yes when i wake up the vibrations are very hard. But constant. It seemed last days they are getting harder. I just made a cake and a pie for my husband for fathers day. I went to bed again. I felt a sleep again for an hour. Waking up very worst again. I will take a bath now and lay on my bed again. What a differance. Last weekend i did a trip on my mountainbike for 40 km. Now i am a wrak. Instead of getting better it get worser. Horrible

Sounds like you are naturally quite a busy person?

For most, I would say be as active as you can, because most struggle that way. Something tells me that you could perhaps do with holding yourself back a little. A 40km bike ride would wreck a lot of people who aren't withdrawing from a benzo. It'd be a lot better if you could work a moderate amount of exercise into your daily routine rather than pushing too hard every now and then.

Have you tried mindfulness meditation?

I am not going to take the benzos anymore. I went to bed with mindfulness. I slept. But 1 waked up a lot But that is ok. The vibrations are still there. I pray to God they will dissepear soon. I heard that they are given the coronapatiënts also benzos. It will be hell after hell for them. My heart cries for those people. Big hug Yollie

Yollie, I was just thinking about that.  They are probably giving a lot of people in the hospital with COVID these Benzos.  We need to pray for them. 

I also have vibrations Off and On.

I notice the vibrations when I am lying in bed. It usually occurs as Im falling asleep or when I wake up during the night. I believe its just the CNS trying to get back to a point of equilibrium. It started happening to me at probably around 16 months off. Im now 19 months off and if I do experience it, it is mild and doesnt last long. It will pass with time.

Damn you are pretty fit to ride 40 km.  I ride too and usually a trip like that wrecks me even before I was withdrawing.  I feel like my body is shaking/vibrating at night and I actually look sometimes to see if it's really something shaking or a truck going by but it's me.  As far as shrinks, they can be pretty insensitive and clueless.  I experienced the same thing.  Mine made me feel like I was exaggerating or annoying her.  What you are feeling is 💯 real.  I would consider myself a pretty tough person and this has brought me to my knees many times.  Just hang on.  You got this.