6 months off valium today and looking for hope

[ch...]

Well here I am having made it to 6 months off valium, today

I wish I could say I feel the healing but as yet I don't,   

However it has to be happening, and I do feel I have to heal from more than just valiu,

I have had AD's in the past, and they worked until I tried to reinstate after taking valium and my reaction was severe , with massive terror and panic along with dry heaving

The last  tablet was citalopram in September 2018

And in the more distant past I used to drink but gave it up 5.5 years back except for 2 separate drinks at the beginning of 2018, before the valium,  I feel this brought on a lot of my anxiety symptoms that lead me down the path of going to the Doctors and where I am today

So now I am trying to get through the day as best I can and wait for healing

It seems a distant hope as yet but surely it will come

Anyone had a similar background and healed, 

I would love a little hope today

Best wishes

Jen

aged 75

PS,  no other drugs or supplements since September 2018 , 

Jen,

Congrats on the 6 months! Don't despair....this is a journey. I know you know that. We all want this to end sooner than later.

You've made great progress. Try to focus on how far you've come!

:thumbsup:

Thank you so much Trina, 

It makes is worth something at least to say I have reached half a year free of valium,

Yes it's a journey  and not one I ever  thought I would have to make at the age I am

I mean drugs never entered my mind,  I was on no medication at all until this, started and the AD, then the rest on the road to  being entangled in a mesh of brain altering drugs,

I have taken the detangling brush and removed them all so now I am waiting to see what condition I am in

and keeping to natural path of good food and water, as best I can , with a little tiny taste of dark chocolate for a treat

I know I should not but then 70% cocoa solids can't be all bad and it's only a little

Oh to be celebrating success, 

One day surely and I do hope it's not too far off ,

Mean time as I have no windows but waves and waves inside waves, I can only think I will wake one day to find it gone, 

You never know on this  journey

Wishing you recovery too before long , ,

Jen

Hi Jen-

Congratulations on 6 months benzo free!  Half a year! How wonderful to know you have 6 months of healing behind you.  It may not feel like it but that's what's been happening. 

It took a lot of strength and determination to get this far.  Did you know you had so much strength and determination?    I didn't know I had the courage to face the darkest days of withdrawal. No I know I had strength, determination and courage I never knew I had.  I hope you see this in yourself too because I know it's there. 

I hope you'll give yourself a pat on the back and have a little nibble of 70% cacao to celebrate your milestone!

Take care,

Brighterday.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
Congratulations!  I have had a long struggle with benzos, now 23 months off after a taper.  I pray this does not last too much longer for me.  I am 68 years old.  I am looking for buddies who are older and still struggling to talk to.  If you would like someone to chat with, send me a pm.

I know I should not but then 70% cocoa solids can't be all bad and it's only a little

Does it help if I tell you that lots of people would say this is a healthy indulgence? As long as you don't eat too much (same as anything), of course!

Health benefits of dark chocolate