Dementia tests?

[Aj...]

• 5 weeks later...

Ajusta,  I am on an Alzheimer's support site because my husband was diagnosed with Alzheimer's six years ago. I stated noticing his symptoms at least 15 years ago.  When I finally got a referral to the University to see neurologist for the diagnosis, I thought, I could not pass some of the memory tests. Our son, who was not quite 40 at the time, said he would also have problems with recalling some of the test questions. The entire process at the neurologist's was to see what my husband could and what he could not remember. We were there 2.5 hours for testing.

Anyway, the Sage test is what is recommended on the Alzheimer's site: https://wexnermedical.osu.edu/brain-spine-neuro/memory-disorders/sage

I take it every year or so and can answer all of the questions correctly except for the " I am finished" choice question.  My husband started out missing almost all of them.

Since his diagnosis, I no longer print out the tests for him to take. 

Try not to worry too much. On the Alzheimer's site, we call ourselves, "The sometimers" because we have memory problems, also.  If you lived with an Alzheimer's person, you would learn to see the differences in those who have it and those who don't.

NG

• 1 month later...