Has anyone reinstated?

[Li...]

Has anyone reinstated their benzo after a significant amount of time after they had cold turkey'd? I know this is typically not advised but I was wondering what your experiences were like.

Did  after too fast taper then went back up after slow taper.

Only because body crushing itself.

Now severely kindled, can’t take any meds or supplements, in utter hell.

Many have asked this question. Maybe you get answers through old threads? It seems to be a bad solution because the brain is still so sensitive.  :)

There is no guarantee that reinstating will even bring relief and offers the possibility of kindling and making things worse. It is advised of course that a slow taper is the initial way to proceed, but if One has c/t'd and its been awhile and risk of seizure has passed...may as well just keep off the meds. (my opinion).

You mention a significant time after c/t...what time frame more specifically?

In the long run I feel its just putting off the inevitable - the rough ride of WD and the only way out is through it. Can't be on these meds forever, and the longer one is on them the more damage they can inflict.

Thanks for your responses.

Trina75, i've been off Clonazepam for over 16 months so that is my time frame. I had a very discouraging setback 2 months ago after things were starting to improve. I am tired of this suffering and considering all the options.

Hi Liboar

I’m sorry about your set back because of the gaba supplement and Ltheanine. It won’t last too long. Hang in there for 6 months. It will definitely get better. Stay off all meds, that’s the only way to heal. I’ve read your signature, if you go back on meds again, nothing will change. Please hang in there. You will have your success story. I would never take any meds even if paid millions in cash. Never again. Your brain is readjusting, give it time.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Trying2BHopefull.

That is reassuring. It is just so disheartening I feel like I have lost a lot of my progress.

How are you doing?

I would not reinstate, especially if you've been off from a CT for awhile.  I did a CT too and thought about reinstating all the time.

The main issue aside from the possibility of kindling is that eventually there is a price to pay even with a slow taper.  And the Benzo beast demands payment in full without mercy.

Also as others have said, you might not even get any relief?

The symptoms and WD are temporary although it doesn't feel like it.  But they will eventually fade and go away.  They are not the same intensity the entire time.  It gets better.  Please don't reinstate.  You would completely reset your healing clock for all of the time you've been off.  16 months is a lot to throw out the window!

Think of Benzos as rat poison.  Why would you want to put rat poison in your body again to somehow counteract the effects of the rat poison you took earlier?

I did 6 mounth after my ct from klonopin i tried to reinstate klonopin didn't work it made me more anxious gave valium a shot and it gave me the relief  my body was craving for i can tell you if valium wouldn't work i wasn't here to comment i would commit suicide for sure i was such a mess iam ten months without klonopin stuck on 7 mg valium when i cut the valium i still feel my body is withdrawing from klonopin iam going to wait for awhile till i will make a cut

Good luck

Here's the thing. If you surrender to benzo addiction, you will eventually hit a tolerance and you will have to have a larger or different drug dose to get any relief of symptoms until you get to a dose that is so large that you can't go any higher and you still can't get any relief. Benzo addiction is very much like alcoholism I have been told by several doctors. So it's not a game that anyone can win.

It's best to cash in our chips and keep at the withdrawel until we succeed and according to the experts, we can and do succeed if we stick with it long enough with the right attitude. Don't forget professional help.

My experience and opinion is different from the others here.

I think it is ok to reinstate but at an amount less to what you came off originally. Then instead of doing a turkey, do a very slow taper. There is never any rush to come off meds. It is not a race against time. Your brain will readjust but you don't need to force it to do that.

Good luck

Don

If you reached tolerance, then reinstating at a lower amount and trying to taper will most likely not work--for most?

I think it depends on how long you were off the drug

Tolerance level will decrease, and quite fast, when you start tapering.

Thank you Trying2BHopefull.

That is reassuring. It is just so disheartening I feel like I have lost a lot of my progress.

How are you doing?

Hi Liboar,

I read your current symptoms. I had all of what you have now. That gaba supplement is a mean devil. Ltheanine not so much but still causes damage. It’s been 4 months since I stopped the gaba and I’m a lot better. I’d say give it till October, the symptoms will start to get better like they did with me. Reinstating after so long isn’t advisable. You have gone through so much already. Just hang in there and don’t take any more meds / supplements.

• 3 weeks later...

I am in a similar situation. CT, about 22 months out, destructive magnesium setback. I was already messed up good, but now I realize that my old withdrawal was child’s play. This new withdrawal is cruel torture.

It’s an impossible position because it’s almost like the supplements act like a benzo, it’s like we are going cold turkey all over again.

So it’s like, fixing your body takes an agonizingly long time but Then One wrong move and in an instant your gaba receptor are turned back off. And then while your receptors are taking there sweet a** time comeing back, the rest of your body is taking a beating. Idk what to do either, it seems like the only thing you can do is not get setback in the first place but that doesn’t help us now.

I even consider reinstating the magnesium instead but I’m too terrified to gamble

Accused,

I've seen your posts, sounds like you are going through hell. I'm sorry things got so bad for you since your setback. Keep going and don't take magnesium or anything again, it will just make it worse. I think the best approach is to completely stay away from all supplements. It's just not worth the chance.

Good luck

I would think that if a supplement set you back then you're not healed to reinstate a dose. I have kindled twice. The second time, I thought of taking a rescue dose but I actually felt anxious with mild akathesia. Then, once the benzo wore off, I got that nasty knot feeling in my stomach that did not let up for three days. From what I have read and heard on a Jordan Peterson podcast, reinstating a lot of times doesn't even give relief. You've gone this long without the benzo, keep it up. You may want to look into anything you put in your body. I can't take: magnesium, 5 HTP, B vitamins, St. John's Worth, and any type of sleeping or PM pill.