Hair Loss

[...]

Any one observed Hair loss during withdrawal.

I'm 16.5 months out and thats the only symptoms thats not abating. I'm 34 and the hair loss started after 4 months out  in withdrawal and I've lost soo much hair since than They keep on falling and now my scalp is becoming visible. I think I've lost more than 50% of my hair.

All the other symptoms have improved during this period except this one and its making me tense. I've done many test and reports seem to be ok.

:'(

Over here!

My hair has fallen out so much that I had to get it cut. I don't know if it's because of hormones or what but it has persisted this entire time.

i started losing my hair before benzos around 20 and ultimately shaved my head. you can minimize the look of it the shorter you keep it but at one point it may look ridiculous and better to just grab a razor and some cream.

not saying with any certainty that it is not the benzos, but you are at that ripe age where balding starts to accelerate.

Could be stress from WD or could be age. either way, try to get comfortable. if that is all you escape with consider yourself lucky friend :thumbsup:

i started losing my hair before benzos around 20 and ultimately shaved my head. you can minimize the look of it the shorter you keep it but at one point it may look ridiculous and better to just grab a razor and some cream.

not saying with any certainty that it is not the benzos, but you are at that ripe age where balding starts to accelerate.

Could be stress from WD or could be age. either way, try to get comfortable. if that is all you escape with consider yourself lucky friend :thumbsup:

Are you perhaps on gabapentin? The reason I ask is because hair loss is a common side affect. Either way I expect it might grow back in time. Good luck 🍀

• 2 weeks later...

I've not experienced head hair loss, but what I have experienced is my left eyebrow becoming 'singed' as if burned with a candle flame. This happened about a month out of CT ambien.  Also my leg hair in just a patch had this same 'singed' look and feel.  It looked like my eyebrow had been shaved off even.  About a month ago it finally grew back so I feel it is a sign of healing. The leg hair is still trying to come in but looks and feels like coarse stubble.

I am just tired of feeling so so so so so sick!!  :sick:  That too is a sign of healing... i have to remind myself...constantly...and it's so so so hard!