Rolling Panic Attacks!

[le...]

so benzo free for going on three days now (ticker is off lol) and I have panic disorder WHY I started my benzo in the first place..

now that i have been xanax free for over a week and Valium free for three days (almost) I have had non stop panic attacks,heart palps, tight painful chest and I really don't know what to do anymore

I wake up and the first thing I think about is pain,panic and my heart

I have tried all the CBT,belly breathing,meditation,yoga,ti-chi,herbs,oils,pills,rubs,hot/cold baths,water therapy,acupuncture,acupressure,massage and TONS of other stuff

I still do the CBT and meditation I go for acupuncture on the 22nd so I am hoping that will help me a lot. It cured my vertigo about two months ago so I KNOW it works for somethings

Whats left how do you control,handle,deal with panic WHILE in detox off the very thing that kept those under control what do I do now?? Seems like I am right back where I started when I had my first panic attack and all the learning,hoping,wishing,praying,and doing has just all went to waist

Anyone have any ideas that I HAVE NOT already tried or am still doing? :sick::tickedoff:

I went for a lot of walks or jogged in place to try to wear off the extra adrenaline and looked for things to distract myself from paying attention to the physical feelings.  When I did inevitably notice the racing heart, shaking hands, etc., I would remind myself that this was part of the process and would not kill me.  Other than that, I did a lot of the things you are already doing.  Keep it up.  Some of them take a lot of practice practice practice.  ;)

Leandra, I have been following your story here and I'm so sorry you are suffering so.  I hate that you are yet one more person for whom going to detox did not prove to be the answer.  I always hope it will work and be a way out for us.  Sadly, I'm disappointed time and time again.  I hope you will find that this acute phase does not last long.  Love to you, ~~mbr

The only thing you don't mention trying is the embracing technique. When in the midst of a panic attack, you try to have a worse one. You tell yourself you want to panic more.

I also know that the worst thing you can be is afraid you are going to panic. That primes the pump so to speak, and is the reason why rolling panic attacks happen in otherwise normal individuals. However, of course, you are still definitely in withdrawal, so I don't know how well that applies.

Remember, Valium's metabolite half life can be as long as 200 hours. You're not even through the first half life, let alone having it out of your system (which, according to my last doctor, can take upwards of a month).

So hang in there. Do what you can to keep from suffering, but don't assume it isn't working. Sure, the fast detox may not have kept you from suffering, but that doesn't mean you won't be better when this is through.

I learned from the panic away site to ask for the panic. Demand that the panic attack come and tell it its not going to hurt you.  I have a tape if I can find it I could send it to you.  It gets you through a panic attack.  I had non stop ones when I CT.

Thank you all yes I have the panic away/linden method program paid for the whole thing months ago when i was in the peak of my panic attacks it worked well for me for a few weeks then no matter what I do by flowing and asking it to come on with all my heart now it does get worse and worse till I throw up and that's when i lose it most of the time I don't like getting sick my body knows it so it pushes me to that point, now I just try to be my belly breathing and meditation when i feel them coming that does not always work of course!

A heat pad applied to the chest area helped me tremendously, with heart and digestive symptoms..  Breathing into a small paper bag helped with panic attacks, also tapping my fingers together.  Panic attacks eased up over time.

leandra, i also went through a recent rapid taper off of valium and i have not taken any since monday.  felt like i had the flu for several days and thought it was going to get better but i am still feeling very sick and the anxiety and depression have returned.  i am exercising as much as i can, drinking lots of water, taking vitamins and minerals, taking mineral salt and baking soda baths, keep telling myself 'be here now' and breathing deep but it is a demon for sure.  i am in constant battle mode but i think i need to just surrender to it.  for me, the main thing is getting enough sleep.  i have resorted to trazodone, which works sometimes but has side effects.