Need advice how to calm my crazy intestine

[Jo...]

Hello fellow sufferers

I have a rare condition called anismus my pelvic muscles can't relax this is a direct result of my klonopin long term use i did a crossover to valium and when i was on 7.5 my defecation isuus was manageable and i felt ok i cut down to 7 there was discumfort but still managble cut to 6.5 after 3 mounth all hell broke loose i have a very active intestine and it making my life unbearable constant pressure in my stomach and the only time i defecate is in the morning a partial defecation i dont  feel empty and my stomach is still full i have updosed to 7 again only because of this issue its pure torture  i went to doctors there is no cure for this horrible afliction i need my feces to be solid not watery any suggestions about this issue what foods do you recommend me to eat to calm my poor intestine

Any advice would be appreciated

Thats a tough one as it seems it is a medical problem so the doctor would know best, at least we think they should. benzo withdrawl plays havic whith our stomache, so hopefully it will pass after all the synptoms are gone. I try to eat clean, I take a strong pro biotic and drink metamucil a powder fibre drink that seems to make movements better and cleans me out. Sorry I cant offer more.

Andrew

That’s a painful awful thing.  I’ve had various Castro issues from clonazepam.  It comes and goes, but at one point it was torture.  Every single day for several hours in the bathroom, half way passing out from pain.  Unreal. 

I stopped gluten, lactose, sugar.  I def stopped caffeine and any stimulant drinks.  No caffeine.  No chocolate.  There are some teas that can help.  A naturopath may be able to advise.

I wish you healing.

Jondoe- Sorry for the awful symptoms. It can take over your life. Have you made sure with a doctor there's no mechanical blockage like a large polyp compounding your previous diagnosis? Just better safe than sorry. Graphic warning: If the gut doesn't fully empty because of hard material, there may be watery stool that goes around the blockage. If you feel pressure and full, that may be the case.

Not medical advice- suggestions. If no medical intervention needed, there are things you can do.

Dehydration will cause hard stool. Make sure to drink enough water and maybe add an electrolyte solutions once a day. Tea, cola, caffeine can dehydrate. Fill a known volume container with water and make a goal to drink X number a day.

Reduce histamine- During WD histamine tends to be higher than normal due to glutamate and hypersensitivity to foods, etc. This causes inflammation of lined tissues like sinuses, lungs, and gut. You can lower offending foods in your diet.

https://www.functionalnutritionanswers.com/low-histamine-diet-101-what-to-eat-what-to-avoid-and-why/

Gently mechanically massage the gut in the normal direction of peristalsis. https://www.prevention.com/health/health-conditions/a25713686/abdominal-massage-digestion/

Use an exercise ball to move the pelvis and lower spine. Many nerves to gut come off the lumbar spine and arthritis, old injuries can cause slow nerve transmission. While sitting, gently bounce on the ball to exercise the joints, then slowly make small circles first one direction then the other. This mechanically helps the gut move with gravity, muscles, soft tissue stretches, and activating nerves. Massage of the pelvic region by a PT, etc. trained about the pelvic floor muscles may help.

Old hospital remedy told to me by nurse: saturate a piece of flannel with castor oil. Put in a container and gently warm in the microwave. Lay across the gut. Follow with layer of plastic wrap to act as a barrier. Top off with hot water bottle. Keep on the gut at least 10 minutes so the warmed oil has good skin contact. *Do not overheat- don't want burns! Should hear gurgling as peristalsis increases.

If going next level, you can buy magnesium citrate drink OTC. Use as directed. Don't take more because today I didn't get the desired result. If you take too much, you'll get diarrhea.

If you choose to use an enema, many begin with castille soap in water or oil in water with a teaspoon of Epsom salt solutions.  They are generally well tolerated. Use sufficient quantities- 1 cup too little, 2 liters too much. Do this at the same time of day. Guts like routine. Part of care for someone with spinal cord injury is to do this on a schedule for results.

Coffee enemas work in a different way than other substances due to the caffeine and chemical action. Use brewed lukewarm coffee. Some advocate additives with it. * Caution this has caffeine and might reve up the WD.

https://www.optimalhealthnetwork.com/How-To-Do-Coffee-Enema-Instructions-Recipe-s/538.htm https://gerson.org/gerpress/coffee-enema-8-things-you-need-to-know/

These are options. Sorry for the trouble, but not sure the up dose is going to give you the help you need.