Meditation

[He...]

Hey! Some, it has been some years since I practice meditation for anxiety and it always helped me, do you guys ever tried it / could do it during WD? Was it helpful? I'm about to go on WD and I have no idea if I'll be able to do it

Hi Hermann-

Yes to meditation for anxiety during withdrawal!  Many members practice it.  I personally found it one of the top things I've done to get through withdrawal and cope with symptoms. 

Meditation helps me be able to shift my attention away from focusing on my symptoms and toward whatever activity I'm engaging in.  The combination of distraction (pouring yourself into an activity like reading, tidying, gardening, listening to music, etc) and meditation has been invaluable to me. 

I use the Headspace app.  Guided meditation just feels more doable for me and maybe a bit less lonely, as though I'm sitting with a kind teacher.  Others like Calm app and of course there are many other options if you don't want to use an app.  I've meditated just about everyday since I began the process of getting off Benzos.  I may not feel like it but I sit down every day and meditate for 20 minutes.  It's a practice and that means I try to practice it everyday to get the most benefit from it.

Meditation is one of many tools for coping with anxiety - I encourage you to check out the Anxiety   board for other great tools.

Wishing you much strength and healing,

Brighterday  :)