Am I moving too fast, please advice me? Xx

[Wo...]

Good afternoon

I'm currently on day 3 of my daily liquid micro taper. I'm tapering 3mg of lorazepam. I'm taking 1.5ml out of my 300ml solution per day. This works out as 5% every 10 days. Im being told this is far too quick. Please advice. I'm starting to panic.

Many thanks

Claire x

Please tell us more about the liquid you are using.  Is it homemade?  How many tablets to you use?  What strength are the tablets? 

I am using water. 3 x 1mg lorazepam tablets crushed up and mixed into 300ml water then evenly distributed into 3 doses. Each day before being distributed I remove 1.5ml from the main 300ml mixture.

Its the method I've seen on this forum and YouTube but my concern was that is 1.5ml too fast per day.

To answer your question, members need to know the concentration of the liquid you are using.

If you are disintegrating 3mg of lorazepam tablets in 300mL of water, the concentration of your liquid is 3/300 = 0.01mg per mL.

I'm not very good at understanding this. Why is the concentration important to know? And how does this help with answering my question? Thank you

I know it can be confusing. The concentration allows you (and others) to determine how much of a reduction in dose you are making in milligrams.  1.5mL of a liquid with a concentration of 0.01mg/mL is a much smaller reduction in dose than 1.5mL of a liquid with a concentration of 0.1mg/mL (i.e. 0.015mg versus 0.15mg). 

I see you have created another thread about this on a different board and are receiving input there.

Sending all good thoughts and best wishes your way for a successful taper ...

It doesn't seem too fast to me at all. That seems like a very sensible plan to start with. Your symptoms will tell you if it is too fast but even if it is, it isn't so fast that it will be a disaster. Some people can go quicker than this and be alright. Stick to your plan for now, no reason to change it.