Looking for Buddies: over 55, long term users, now benzo free but suffering

[Ma...]

Hey:  I need some buddies to talk to. I am looking for people with similar experiences in their benzo journey.  I am very isolated socially.  I am presently a 68 year old female who was prescribed benzos for about 15 years.  I was prescribed Ativan, up to 4 mg a day.  I did a Valium taper that failed when I got down to 5 mg., so I essentially jumped cold turkey after that.  I am now 23 months benzo free, and still bed or couch bound most of the day.  I feel very encouraged when I can chat with someone, I love to get on my computer and see a personal message.  Please respond

I am here,  I have just had my 75th birthday  6 days ago

I was on valium for 20 months in total including a long taper, second half after a hospital visit , was 14 months, to zero

Not that it made any difference, for me

6 months off now and like you I love contact and messages, 

Makes you feel not so alone going through this

Not a good taper , not good on the drug, and oh so rotten off,

sending love

Jen

• 2 months later...

Hi Marja, I’m also a 68 woman and  have been on Xanax daily for 21 years.  I’ve been disabled with ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome)  for 34 years and spend most of my day resting. My CFS  isn’t related to benzos but  I’m hoping I’ll regain a small measure of improvement once I get off.  I can totally relate to the challenges you’re experiencing . Please feel free to message me. 

Wishing you better days ahead.

I am 52 and struggling to get off .25 mg 2 x daily.  I am also dry cutting , and can only tolerate a once a month dose down.  Every day that passes a new side effect emerges, it’s frightening.  I am one of those that is extremely sensitized to the drug.  Your not alone..