Gas and bloating!?

[De...]

I've been having gas pains and bloating so bad it hurts all the way into my chest! I'm passing gas and burping nonstop but it builds up quicker than it finds it's way out. Is this the deaded benzo belly??

Yes, YES, YES

Unbelievable, isn't it?    :o

KoKo Lee how do you deal with this? Its driving me insane and my health anxiety is in overdrive.

Hola, Have had the full compliment of symptoms during tapers. The gut is called the second brain and many neurotransmitters do double duty here. Most of your body's serotonin is in the gut. WD totally disrupts normal function. High glutamate interrupts peristalsis, and even affects the insulin cells of the pancreas.

For the gas/bloating, peppermint oil capsules are very helpful. Tends to act like the commercial OTC meds to break giant bubbles into smaller ones. Lots of benefits without the down sides of those meds.  Trying to put this diplomatically: The oil diminishes the noxious gas smell, which others including the dog may rejoice for, but can be zesty as it makes its exit. 'nough said.  :laugh:

For the painful gut spasms, try buscopan. Can stop the tear inducing peristalsis to a milder level. No constipation from it.        https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/buscopan-hyoscine-butylbromide/

Pepsin and HCl supplements aid the stomach in breaking down food properly. Normally stomach pH is around 1, which would not only peal paint off your car, but gnaw the metal. If you don't mix the food in the stomach well, when it tries to pass into the small intestine, the gallbladder and pancreas don't add the right amounts of enzymes either. Things ferment, and Voila! Gas upper and lower.

If constipation is an issue, first correct the HCl and enzyme issue, and drink water. Then you can add fish oil or other fats like coconut oil to stimulate the gallbladder. Still trouble? Mg caps if no other issues with it or can use a lemony Mg citrate drink. Not quite Mountain Dew, but not Go Lightly bowel prep. Brand name med Resolor works well. Be sure and take two at bedtime for results next AM. No residual effects. Mechanically- coffee enemas are useful.

These don't stop it from happening, but give ways to cope. Sample at will.

Hola, Have had the full compliment of symptoms during tapers. The gut is called the second brain and many neurotransmitters do double duty here. Most of your body's serotonin is in the gut. WD totally disrupts normal function. High glutamate interrupts peristalsis, and even affects the insulin cells of the pancreas.

For the gas/bloating, peppermint oil capsules are very helpful. Tends to act like the commercial OTC meds to break giant bubbles into smaller ones. Lots of benefits without the down sides of those meds.  Trying to put this diplomatically: The oil diminishes the noxious gas smell, which others including the dog may rejoice for, but can be zesty as it makes its exit. 'nough said.  :laugh:

For the painful gut spasms, try buscopan. Can stop the tear inducing peristalsis to a milder level. No constipation from it.        https://www.nhs.uk/medicines/buscopan-hyoscine-butylbromide/

Pepsin and HCl supplements aid the stomach in breaking down food properly. Normally stomach pH is around 1, which would not only peal paint off your car, but gnaw the metal. If you don't mix the food in the stomach well, when it tries to pass into the small intestine, the gallbladder and pancreas don't add the right amounts of enzymes either. Things ferment, and Voila! Gas upper and lower.

If constipation is an issue, first correct the HCl and enzyme issue, and drink water. Then you can add fish oil or other fats like coconut oil to stimulate the gallbladder. Still trouble? Mg caps if no other issues with it or can use a lemony Mg citrate drink. Not quite Mountain Dew, but not Go Lightly bowel prep. Brand name med Resolor works well. Be sure and take two at bedtime for results next AM. No residual effects. Mechanically- coffee enemas are useful.

These don't stop it from happening, but give ways to cope. Sample at will.

Thank you for the tips! I have been drinking mint and fennel tea and ot seems to help a bit.